we stayed here for two nights in June, 2013. Our room was on the top floor and we visited during a reasonable heat wave. Our room was a nice size, but was very very hot due to the unanticipated heat wave, and like most hotels in Europe/Switzerland, there was no AC. We asked the front desk and they had a single floor fan that we let another couple use, since their room was even hotter than ours. The bathroom was a decent size compared to most European hotels and the water was nice and hot and there was a blow dryer in the bathroom. Breakfast was a decent and average spread of juice, meat, bread, etc. There is free wifi and a communal room that has a microwave and tea along with books and maps that people can share, similar to a hostel. The front desk is not always attended and a phone with instructions is provided to get in touch with a staff member. This is a bit strange if you need some assistance 24/7. One issue our friends ran in to happened later on our first night while getting in to bed. They pulled back their comforter to find 8-10 bugs (NOT bed bugs) in their sheets. They called the emergency staff number and a staff person was very responsive and moved them to another room about 10 minutes later and they were able to have that room for our second night in the hotel. Later we ate outside in the restaurant downstairs and noticed the same bugs crawling on our table. Our hypothesis is that the bed linens are washed and line dryed at the hotel and that the bugs were a result of the linens being hung out to dry. I want to reiterate how swiftly and professionally the staff responded and handled the issue for our friends. Overall, this is a place with a few kinks to work out, but definite potential and a good value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The small Hotel Lotschberg enjoys a central but very quiet location, only a 3-minute walk from the Interlaken West Train Station. The hotel was built in 1906 in the art nouveau style and is still run the the owner family. The hotel rooms have been renovated in 2011, since summer 2014 we offer an outdoor seating area. All hotel rooms have private bathroom with shower/WC or bath/WC and a hairdryer. All rooms with TV, Safety box and table Fan, in the hotel rooms breakfast is included in the room rate. The apartments and the economic double rooms are located in the Guesthouse next to the hotel main building. The apartments feature a new, fully equipped kitchenette and a bathroom including a hairdryer. Towels and linen are provided and towels are changed after every third night. In the economic double rooms, daily cleaning and breakfast are included in the price. Hotel Lotschberg offers free WiFi in all rooms, tea and coffee station in the hotel, free use of washing, drying and ironing facilities, free use of bicycles, and free use of the microwave and the fridge. Sunny terrasse with pergola, outdoor sitting area. Every room has an en-suite bathroom and a cable TV, all have a Hairdryer and Safety box. Alarm clocks can be ordered at the front desk, different types of pillows and duvets are available on request at the reception. All rooms are very quiet and have a view to the surrounding mountains.Kids can play on the school yard and football field across the road. Children's playgrounds are close by. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Evoline ltd and Ebookers so you can book your Hotel Loetschberg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Lotschberg & Susi`s Bed And Breakfast
- Hotel Lotschberg & Susi`s Interlaken