Alp Lodge
  • Restaurant
Hotel Roessli(Unterseen)
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
All reviewsinterlaken westcozy roomshared bathfull kitchensurrounding mountainsperfect locationtrain stationhostelwififloorsupermarket
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 August 2008

We LOVED this place! It was close to everything in Interlaken and an easy 5 minute walk from the West Train Station. The staff was very helpful and kind and made us feel right at home. The rooms weren't extravagent, but felt more like home than any other place we stayed in our trip to Europe. The views were great and the lobby was a fun place to drink and hang out. We met some great people here and recommend it to anyone. Thank you Alp Lodge for a memorable experience!!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 31 January 2008

You don't find too many properties cheaper than this one in Interlaken... I think the room was about twice as much as a McDonalds meal.

For that price, you get a slightly lumpy bed, a sparse dorm room, a moderately clean shared bathroom and a relatively convenient location not far from the train station or the centre of town.

It's nothing to get excited about, but if you're looking for somewhere to rest your head for the night and don't want to spend much, then this should do. Just don't complain about the lack of creature comforts... it's sparse even by hostel standards.

Stayed: July 2007
Reviewed 23 June 2006

The Alp Lodge is down on a little side street but close to everything you need in Interlaken. You can easily walk there with bags from Interlaken West train station. The rooms are minimal to be sure. There is nothing fancy about this hostel. However the bar downstairs is really quite cool, with a ton of locals that hang out there. You can't hear the bar at all from the rooms upstairs. Also, there is a guy that works there from NY that is really helpful and gives a lot of insight on things to do. The rooms look right over a little river with patios if you are on that side of the building. The room was not much, but then again all you do is sleep there. I would recommend this place. Spend your money doing other things in Interlaken and try this cool wine bar down the street called Benacus.

• Stayed: June 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 16 May 2005

Have stayed twice now. In a VERY expensive town, this is a cheap lodge come hotel. Rooms clean, not too noisy, quiet location, convenient to everything. Don't expect 5 star (or even 1 star) but as a base where you just want a comfortable sleeps it's fine.

• Stayed: August 2004
Reviewed 19 November 2004

After spending one unfortunate night in Balmer's Herberger, my hubby and I moved to Alp Lodge. We are a young couple and we were there in June 2003. Alp Lodge was better than Balmer's, as far as quietness and cleanliness. There were no drunken parties going on in the hotel, but outside the hotel...Well, right outside our window, some residents from across the street played loud music till about 12:30. When I finally drifted off to sleep, I was awoken again by some men who had come home to the room next door and were talking quite loudly enough for me to understand their whole conversation. This annoyed me, as I really like my sleep. But other than that, this hostel was fine. The guy in charge was, like, Australian, I think. Very friendly, helped us with figuring out some good hiking trails and things like that. Our shared bathroom was decent and we didn't have to wait for it (I guess the late-nighters next door slept in). Personally, I would look for a different place to stay next time, but if I couldn't find anything, I'd feel alright staying here again.

• Stayed: June 2003