My wife and I were traveling to Switzerland the last week of May 2013 for the first time and chose Interlaken as we had heard it to be a very picturesque place. This was an understatement as it is a beautiful area. The Hotel is a very short, 3 minute walk from Interlaken Ost train station and after the amazing ride up there we were happy to check in. A very friendly staff checked us in and offered us some fresh orange juice during the process. We took our luggage up to the 3rd floor and stepped into a beautiful room and opened the windows to an amazing view. However, my wife was determined to get a room with a balcony and zipped back down to the reception and immediately came back with a new room on the 4th floor with not 1 but 2 balconies overlooking an amazing view of the town and the snow covered mountains. A beautiful large room with everything you need, including a chandelier in the middle of the room. The bathroom was also large and very modern, very clean and just an all around pleasure and one of the nicest rooms we have stayed in anywhere. Breakfast was included in the price of the room and was in a very nice room every morning and well worth it. The usual yummy European fare and plenty of it, very nice!
Overall a fantastic experience in a wonderful hotel with very friendly and very accommodating staff that all spoke very good English. I recommend it to everyone
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Art Nouveau hotel "Carlton-Europe" has a very long tradition. Led by a young team which will tailor to your needs and reflect the charm of the house. After a visit to this idyllic setting, you will take a feeling of security back home. Centrally located just 200 meters from the Interlaken Ost train station on the famous Höheweg. Starting point for excursions in the Jungfrau region as well as the recreation area around Lake Thun and Brienz. Parking lots for cars (chargeable). On foot you reach the center of Interlaken within 5 minutes. The Hotel Carlton-Europe can offer the following: -Team building, motivation -Adult education -Full Catering -Conference rooms with plenty of ambience. The hotel rooms are individually renovated with own equipment. Restaurants: Ruedihus (traditional Swiss cuisine), Johnny's Gärtli (Steakhouse), Shalimar (Indian cuisine and pizzas) and Johnny's Bar Dancing. Leisure: Billiards, Table Tennis, Chess. Large hotel garden with a natural swimming pond. Central, quiet location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Carlton-Europe Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carlton Europe Hotel Interlaken
- Carlton Europe Interlaken