As part of my trip around Switzerland, I spent 5 great days using Hotel Carlton Europe as my base in town.
As I'm sure you're well aware by now through the other reviews, this hotel is located exceptionally close to Interlaken OST - literally a 5-7 minute walk away (if that). The hotel itself does a good job in maintaining the unique historical aspects of its 100+ year architecture with a nice modern touch. Check-in & check-out were both simple, with a great desk staff who were all very friendly and helpful when it came to getting information about Interlaken and the surrounding area.
My room was a surprise (in a good way) as it was quite spacious - especially compared to many of the other 2-3 star hotels I've stayed in across Europe. The bed was EXTREMELY comfortable (probably the best I slept in during my 3+ week trip), the room was well kept and clean with the basics, the bathroom was a bit on a small side but not a big deal, and there was a useful little balcony outside each room you could enjoy an amazing view from each night/morning. Despite facing the main street, it was exceptionally quiet each night which allowed you to keep your windows open during the night. Free WiFi was also available, and was very fast everytime I used it.
Interlaken itself is a fairly small town - feels like you can walk from one end to the other in 30 minutes, and as a result everything is compact and close by so you don't feel like you're too far from anything in town (including places to eat, shop, etc.). As mentioned above, being located to Interlaken OST is a definite benefit as most visitors to Interlaken use the city as a useful base to travel across to other parts of Switzerland so it is useful to be located as close as possible to the train station. Luckily there is a HUGE Coop (grocery store) right across from the station, so you can pick up stuff before or after your daytrip as well.
For someone who is just looking for a clean, quiet and comfortable place to sleep in a great location without all of the "extras", Hotel Carlton Europe is a great pick and I would strongly recommend it to anyone planning to visit Interlaken.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Art Nouveau hotel "Carlton-Europe" has a very long tradition. Led by a young team which will tailor to your needs and reflect the charm of the house. After a visit to this idyllic setting, you will take a feeling of security back home. Centrally located just 200 meters from the Interlaken Ost train station on the famous Höheweg. Starting point for excursions in the Jungfrau region as well as the recreation area around Lake Thun and Brienz. Parking lots for cars (chargeable). On foot you reach the center of Interlaken within 5 minutes. The Hotel Carlton-Europe can offer the following: -Team building, motivation -Adult education -Full Catering -Conference rooms with plenty of ambience. The hotel rooms are individually renovated with own equipment. Restaurants: Ruedihus (traditional Swiss cuisine), Johnny's Gärtli (Steakhouse), Shalimar (Indian cuisine and pizzas) and Johnny's Bar Dancing. Leisure: Billiards, Table Tennis, Chess. Large hotel garden with a natural swimming pond. Central, quiet location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Carlton-Europe Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carlton Europe Hotel Interlaken
- Carlton Europe Interlaken