We stayed two nights here, during Swiss National Holiday weekend. That's probably why the rate was so inflated. It is very close to the train station, which we didn't care because we had a rental car. Booking.com indicated parking was $10 per night, however, when we arrived the Front Desk informed us only garage spaces were available at $15 per night. We think that is total misrepresentation!! We felt cheated but complied and paid.
It consists of two separate buildings, connected by the one story reception and dining areas. Morning breakfast is included as part of the room rate. There is a small dining room area, and a larger one where the tour group ate (which could be a little loud)
The hotel is very close to Old Town, has a restaurant on site and a night club that played booming music into the wee hours. Our room was on the second floor, you can hear the music until 3 am along with people screaming at each other. The corner room had two private balcony areas facing the main street, which was awesome for viewing the fire works show, unbelievable sight! We didn't realize the room could be smoking, but did not smell any smoke so that was good.
This area doesn't get too warm, so hotel room without AC was just fine. It had a fan. The beds are pushed together so it is about the size of a queen. Breakfast is included with the room rate. The room is very large, however, the floor slanted towards the middle. Our bureau for clothing tilted one way that's quite noticeable.
If we visit Interlaken again, we will definitely look elsewhere. One positive note is that the Front Desk staff is very friendly and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Art Nouveau hotel "Carlton-Europe" has a very long tradition. Led by a young team which will tailor to your needs and reflect the charm of the house. After a visit to this idyllic setting, you will take a feeling of security back home. Centrally located just 200 meters from the Interlaken Ost train station on the famous Höheweg. Starting point for excursions in the Jungfrau region as well as the recreation area around Lake Thun and Brienz. Parking lots for cars (chargeable). On foot you reach the center of Interlaken within 5 minutes. The Hotel Carlton-Europe can offer the following: -Team building, motivation -Adult education -Full Catering -Conference rooms with plenty of ambience. The hotel rooms are individually renovated with own equipment. Restaurants: Ruedihus (traditional Swiss cuisine), Johnny's Gärtli (Steakhouse), Shalimar (Indian cuisine and pizzas) and Johnny's Bar Dancing. Leisure: Billiards, Table Tennis, Chess. Large hotel garden with a natural swimming pond. Central, quiet location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Carlton-Europe Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carlton Europe Hotel Interlaken
- Carlton Europe Interlaken