“Very helpful and interesting.”

Interlaken Walking Tours
Interlaken Swiss Food and Culture Walking Tour
Ranked #10 of 32 Tours in Interlaken
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Join our local guides for a Free Walking Tour starting daily from May - September at 5:45pm at Balmers Hostel / 6pm at the Backpackers Villa / 6:10pm Outdoor Interlaken Höheweg Shop. Experience and learn about the beauty and history of Interlaken and its surroundings, try Swiss traditional food and get to know our Swiss culture on other tours we run. Interlaken is a gem in the midst of the Swiss Alps. Discover some of the hide-aways which only locals know while having a lot of fun with the young and enthusiastic guides.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This is the first thing we did after reaching Interlaken. It was a 2 hours guided tour, absolutely free. Our tour guide was suliman, she was a very knowledgeable guide and gave us enough time to look around and ask questions. It gave us an idea of the town, the lakes and the surrounding villages, etc. We also got an idea of the places that are a must visit and eateries thats a must try. We would recommend a guided tour as a thing to do in Interlaken.

OutdoorInterlaken, Interlaken Explorer at Interlaken Walking Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Great to hear you had a good time on the tour and thanks for taking the time to write a review :)

All reviews
"nina"
"switzerland"
in 24 reviews

Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

I arrived in Interlaken around 3pm and decided to do the walking tour on my first night (starts around 5:45pm). I’m so glad I did because it was awesome! The tour started right at my hostel (Balmers). It lasts around 2hrs and my guide was named Giuliano. He is from Interlaken and had so much good info about the town. We walked through the village then up to some nice views, saw some wildlife and the river. He had great stories and insight. He was easy to talk to and VERY enthusiastic. It was easy to meet other people on the tour too, everyone was friendly! I definitely recommend this to get a good overview of Interlaken and some good ideas for your stay there!

Awesome to hear! Definitely a great way to kick off your stay in Interlaken. Thanks for the review!

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

I took the free walking tour with them and guide was Neil from Interlaken itself. He covered all the important monuments, landmarks in the city and explained history about them. He was knowledgeable, caring person and gave some local tips about the food and drink.

Nice one! Thanks for the review, it sounds like Neil looked after you :)

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

Was great and fun. Neil was a good guide ., came to know a lot of fun facts about interlaken.,enjoyed it!

OutdoorInterlaken, Interlaken Explorer at Interlaken Walking Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

Nice one Aditi! Thanks for the review :)

See more reviews
Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

Our tour was led by young Chris, born and brought up in Interlaken. He chose to take us along a hidden track behind the entry gate to Harder Klum. The track led through tall pines and after a bit, we were in Unterseen. I'm glad I went as I wouldn't have found this route and these views otherwise. In Interlaken town we stopped to admire the church and monastery buildings from outside. They are government administrative buildings now. Chris is knowledgeable and took pains to give us detailed explanations. This tour is available every day and I understand different guides lead the group. If I had realised it earlier, I would have tried to make the tour every evening I was there. It is a free tour, and one can tip the guide according to one's pleasure.

OutdoorInterlaken, Interlaken Wanderer at Interlaken Walking Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2018

Great feedback! Thanks :)