“Be careful which room you get!”
Review of Hua Villa

Hua Villa
Hua Villa
Ranked #37 of 45 Interlaken B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 September 2010

I was surprised that the other reviews were quite complimentary. I gathered that there are 2 sets of rooms, one in the main house and one set located in the converted garage (what it looked to me). I got to stay in the converted garage. And it was very very basic. It was clean however. The bedroom was on the ground floor and the window opened up to the main road. Little traffic at nite, so shouldn't be a problem. Unfortunately, the bed (i took the lower bunk) creaked loudly and so whenever I turned in my sleep, I would wake up! There were only 2of us staying there at the time, but even then, when I used the bathroom that evening, they would knock on the door! (and I wasn't even in there that long!) I wouldn't stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank KrazyTraveller

Reviewed 11 June 2009

This hostel was an average hostel, rooms were ok, there is a kitchen but just with a kettle and an oven which works 1 minute each time, so people should not expect a guest kitchen where they can cook as there is nothing to cook. May be for a day its good but not more than a day.
For a dorm level what u will just get is a room to stay which is good but dont expect anything else.

This is the only hostel where I saw a differentiation for breakfast between the dorm and the private rooms available here which is really bad, its not the breakfast being talked about but the differentiation which is created between people which is bad.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 5 March 2009

The owner, Walter served us well. We were briefed on places to go in Interlaken and provided map with good explanation how to walk around. I stayed in the private room. It is a nice and very clean room - quite new. Room is spacious with good lighting. A short walk to the toilet which is located about 10 steps away from this private room, which I find is not too bad. You will get a key to use the private toilet, which is only used by your room. I like the common kitchen. It comes with kettle, fridge and microwave. I can buy my own food from the store and eat it here to save some money. If you know how to use the shortcut, the location is within short walking distance to Interlaken West station. I like that Hua Villa is value for money. I recommend for young couple travelling at a budget - you can get a clean room at a good price. What I like least? You have to climb up 3 floors to the room. Which is not too bad after all. Breakfast is just a noodle cup.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ccthai
Reviewed 3 February 2007

Trawled thru the web and found this quaint little place. The location is a distance from the Interlaken Ost station but Walter (the owner) will come pick you when you arrive - all you need to do is call from the free phone at the station. Having said that, the hotel is not far from the main street alongside Interlaken West where the restaurants and shopping places are. Hua Villa is actually the residence of Walter and his wife. The rooms are on the third floor and their family lives on the first and second floor. We stayed in Room 2 and were given keys to our own private bathroom down the corridor. It has a great view of the mountains as advertised. The other rooms use a communal bath/shower next door. Furnishing was all IKEA inspired or sourced but all works well together. I personally think Hua Villa is good value for money. Best "value" is the list of discounts they can secure for adventure sports, souvenirs (buy the Schilthorn poster from them, it is 10 Euros cheaper) and excursions. Their home made chocolates are great too.....I even got a free box! I will come back here again....feels like "home". =)

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)