“Best budget Hotel at Interlaken”
Review of Hotel Blume

Hotel Blume
Ranked #10 of 46 Interlaken B&B and Inns
Antwerp, Belgium
“Best budget Hotel at Interlaken”
Reviewed 20 April 2013

For anyone planning a budget hotel at Interlaken, I would strongly recommened Hotel Blume. It is very close to station and maintained very cleanly. I stayed with my family for 2 nights and I was very happy that I choose this hotel. The staffs are very kind and helpful. In fact my trip was unplanned. The hotel staff was kind enough and gave us a perfect plan that helped us to spend our days effectively at Interlaken. We stayed in the first floor, so did not have any issue due to absence of lift. Though the room size is small, but it was good enough for three of us. The room was cleaned everyday and kept clean. Best budget hotel at Interlaken.

Room Tip: No lift in the hotel, so choose the lower floors if possible.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Korean first
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 30 March 2013

I've never stayed in a place where the hotelier was more personally invested in my experience, or took such pride in his work. One gets the impression that this man does the 100% the work normally done by a full hotel staff, and that he does it all meticulously well. He keeps the whole place immaculately clean and cozy. He gets up at 6am to make everyone a delicious breakfast, and when you get down there he is delighted to make you some hot chocolate and serve it to you on a beautiful tray with a loving array of toppings. He even spent half an hour helping me use his oven to make a frozen pizza so we could spare ourselves another insanely expensive meal at an Interlaken restaurant.

Now, if you're gonna be hiking/skiing in the alps, your smartest move might be to find a place to stay higher up in the alps to avoid spending so much time and money commuting to and from Interlaken every day. We made this mistake, and we kinda regretted it. But if you DO stay in interlaken, I highly recommend Hotel Blume.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TedViele
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 17 November 2012

Pros: inexpensive, close to train station (Interlaken west), shower was hit and strong pressure water, GREAT Mexican restaurant (exlensive) with live music Friday and Saturday

Cons: small small rooms, no elevator

Basically a bare bones place to stay and save money with a fun cute Mexican restaurant.

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank mstotes
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed 16 November 2012

We stayed at the Blume for two nights. We had a lot of luggage( two heavy suitcases and two back packs) since we had a long trip in Switzerland. Let me inform the hotel has no lift! We got a room on the 3rd floor. I had to pick all my luggage and take it to my room. We had opted for a shared toilet since rooms with shared toilets were cheaper. The toilet was on a different floor. Reluctantly i had to change my room for a higher room rent!!!! The breakfast is a joke. The positive about the hotel is that the staff are friendly and helpful and it has a nice bar with good mexican food. Pictures on the booking site do not really reflect the condition of the hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank karanrajgarhia
Shenzhen, China
Reviewed 12 June 2012

Best hostel so far to my experience. We stayed there in January 2010 (not an option in the selection so I put 2012) Very nice owner and staff. We had the bunker bed room. It was small yet well decorated and clean. The breakfast was great. Maybe it's just the milk in Switzerland that made the yoghurt and coffee taste so good. We chatted with the owner several times and said goodbye when we left. To our surprise, hours after we left Interlaken. We bumped into him in a department store in Geneva! Well, I guess there's some connection between me and the hotel anyways? I would love to return.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank duzilvxing
New Zealand
Reviewed 8 June 2012

Good value accommodation for Switzerland, and the staff there are all friendly and super helpful, answering all questions, helping to plan outings, and providing information etc. The location is ideal, right in the township area so restaurants and shops are only moments away. They have 4 off-site carparks available for their guests to use for no additional cost.

There are a couple of things to be aware of though: 1. The building is 5 floors in height, we were staying on the 4th & 5th floor and there is NO LIFT! 2. There are shared bathrooms/showers. 3. Wifi does work, but reception is patchy all throughout the building.

Overall happy with the stay and would recommend it for the price.

Room Tip: Low floor as there is no lift!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank spurner_nz
Singapore, null, Singapore
Reviewed 8 May 2012

It's a wonderful stay. Although it's a two star hotel, the room is ok. But the toilet is too small for me.

Easy acess location is another point i need to highlight. It's about 10 mins walk from the train station, and you can find the chinese food, western food, thai food nearby. The hotel restaurant
business is very good. Always fullhouse at night. I think the food should be good.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple