Highlights - our server and the pianist.
The food was a serious disappointment - we decided on the "Pork 6 ways" - oh yum, right? Wrong.
Each course was un-inspired:
1. The pork terrine w/ ham - visually appealing, but the terrine had very little flavor, and did not need the dry pastry.
2. The pork won-ton with bed of cous-cous - this was flavorful, probably the best course.
3. Meatballs? REALLY??
4. Pork 'hot dog' with bun and fancy ketchup and mustard. The dog was kind of tasty, but nothing exceptional.
5. OK - this is the MAIN course - 3 more variations on pork.....*sigh* the bacon was overcooked/burnt; the 'roast' was dry; the asparagus was overcooked....
6. Dessert - bacon ice cream, served with undercooked pastry and a couple of grapes...
If it weren't for the great wine (2000 Haut Bages Paulliac that *I* had to choose as the maître d' had no clue what to recommend with this menu -- this is unacceptable in a restaurant of this alleged caliber), service and music, this would have been a complete $600+ bust.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.