“2.50 sfr cup hot water”
Review of Interlaken

Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
Dundalk, Ireland
11 helpful votes
“2.50 sfr cup hot water”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

Yes we arrived in Interlaken ost on Saturday on the gold pass line from Luzern.oh. what a lovely trip and more spectacular scenery . as we strolled along towards town center , decided to have a tea/coffee break . at Des Alps restaurant and bar . all very nice as we were siting out in the lovely sunshine . my wife went into the attached shop to buy some presents . and I went to pay the bill ..can you imagine my shock at having to pay for hot water , yes ONE cup of hot wayer was charged at 2.50 sfr . i was stunned .that takes expensive switzerland to a new level .. i then asked my wife to leave the goods as we would not be buying anything there . she was also shocked . and said next time i will take a flask of boiling water from the hotel. as we perused along the street we went into Heimtextilienand we purchased a conciderable number of presents . and the very nice lady added a free trinket .so nice really .Interlaken is such a pretty place and it would be a pity not to go there when in Switzerland ..

1 Thank shay1070
Bengaluru, India
12 helpful votes
“The BEST Place for couples to Re-juvenate & Re-Discover each other...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2011

Amidst the Alps a very Quite, Beautiful and peaceful place.....One feels as iftime stands still...Excellent Place to Re-juvenate and Re-discover each other ....
This Place grows on you and you do not feel like getting back to the hum-drum of the mad Urban life...
It is soothing to one's soul...one feels like staying there forever drinking the pure, unspoilt beauty of nature......INTERLAKEN is a MUST see Place for all....old ,youth & Young....

5 Thank salma100
Heidelberg, Germany
16 helpful votes
“Natural beauty in all its glory”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2011

This is a beautiful beautiful place, in a single click you can capture the snow capped alps, the lush green fields with cows grazing, the turquoise waters of the lake and the gorgeous display of spring blooms. This is a place where you can simply sit in the sun, with a book and a cool drink by your side or can gather all the adrenaline and go high up the Junfraujoch in all its white splendor, pretty much around the year, where there is ample snow activities. I would love to go there again again.

1 Thank cakelady_2104
Bandung, Indonesia
39 helpful votes
“FUNtastic City in the heart of Switzerland!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2011

Interlaken is one of the best place in Switzerland for adventure activity. But I must agree with others, said that everything in nterlaken is very expensive. I tried paragliding, costs 170 CHF, with duration 90 minutes (20 minures flying).
It was my first experience of sky adventure. One word: "AMAZING!".
My guide and I flying over Interlaken city, with 2 beautiful lakes, Brienz and Thun, in the left and right the city.

We stayed then at Balmers tent, 20 minutes walking from city centre with great view behind it. Though it had only very basic facilities, the price was good, for budget traveller like me. I felt like, I was in remote area, because it was very "NATURAL", surrounded by steep hills.

Unfortunately, I did not make my trip through Jungfrau. I only stayed a day in Interlaken.

Tampa, FL
“Unless you're a billionaire...who also loves blah and boring”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2010

I am reviewing Interlaken from the perspective of a six figure income family who has traveled extensively. Basically, if you want to take the family skiing, just go to Colorado, utah, Arkansas, or ANY snowy mountaneous region of the US. I promise you coming to the Swiss Alps it is NOT WORTH it, nor all the serious money you will pour out like crazy. As an example, there are no decent hotels for under $300-400 and maybe $170+ for a hostle-like hotel. You cannot eat for under 20 franks, and that includes Mc Donalds (franks are a little more than US dollar btw). We haven't even begun with the whole skiing thing. Plan on spending at least a grand on train rides alone for a family of 3 (2 adults/1 child) $76 per peson/per day to take the train up to the slopes. Once at the slopes, another 20 per person for EACH bus ride for the SPECIFIC slope you want to go to. Did we mention the train into Interlaken btw? that was another 76 per person. Zurich, Interlaken and everything else here is dead and quiet! Nothing fun happening anywhere...we tried to make the most of it but have been so frustrated and angry at the entire experience. Did I mention people here are sorta undfriendly too? And mind you we are a young couple who always find fun in everything...but honestly NEVER AGAIN!!! Cant wait to be back in the USA.

Been to Interlaken? Share your experiences!