“Nice place to sit down and eat, Very Helpful Wait Staff”

Eiger Guesthouse Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 21 Restaurants in Murren
Price range: US$11 - US$44
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Ristorante & Pizzeria Bar & Pub
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We had walked many days on our trip to Europe and it was always nice to be able to sit down in a nice place and have a meal, especially when the wait staff is good.

In this instance, we were served by a lovely young lady that was from Mexico (if my memory is correct), and she was a delight. The location is very close to the lift that brings you into Murren, so it is a good place to stop when you first arrive to town, or a good place to eat just before you depart.

My wife, two daughters (14 and 12), and I enjoyed our meal and would go back again.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Eiger Guesthouse is a great little restaurant right off the train in Murren. The first night we had Fondue, which is to die for. The rösti are a must-try. The menu is so diverse, we kept wanting to come back. On my wife's birthday, they brought us out a desert with sparklers in it. The staff were all incredibly friendly and happy to have us there and provided top-rate service. Between the amazing staff and the quality and variety of the food, we saw no reason to eat dinner anywhere else while we were there.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

My wife and I stayed five nights at the Eiger Guesthouse and went with the half board. We were glad we did! The food and service were excellent. We were served a variety of meals, all of which were great! If you are in Murren, try to eat here at least once. You will not be disapointed.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

A typically Swiss atmosphere, a very good variety of meals at very reasonable prices. The service was always exellent, fast, and the cheese fondue brought back memories from long ago.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

Best place for dinner on my entire trip. The friendliest, warmest reception ever. Seriously, ever. The food was as fantastic as the service. I got traditional kase fondue, but my friends tried a few different dishes and loved them all. Even though we closed the place down, the gracious host brought us out shots of kirsch - how awesome is that?! Definitely GO HERE.