“EXPENSIVE BASIC FOOD AND BASIC DRINKS”

Hotel Jungfrau - Restaurant Gruebi
Ranked #18 of 21 Restaurants in Murren
Price range: US$15 - US$45
Cuisines: Pizza, Swiss
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Groups, View, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Freshly prepared specialities from our fusion kitchen and delicious Swiss dishes. Home made desserts, large selection of whiskies and wines.
Reviewed 2 March 2013

For a coffee cup be prepared to give them 6 franks.
I have nothing to add . I sufggest you go to the COOP supermaket and bring your own meal when you are hungry (an apple, or some soft drink or you prepare your own thermos bottle with warm water). I can accept to pay 5 euro in Cafe FLorian in Venice where I am served with a choice of blends of coffees and teas with pastries with a view on the Square and hosted by a waiter in uniform in front of a piano concert. But here you have a view on the kids´ski school, that is all.

3  Thank Ale G

Reviewed 25 October 2012

Only one other family in the restaurant at dinner. I believe it could have been because we were there in early June when it had just reopened for the summer.

Reviewed 30 July 2012

We had 2 dinners in Murren during our recent stay. This restaurant, although a little more expensive than the Eiger Guest House, had a more extensive menu than most. . . and the ambiance was lovely, with terrific views of gorgeous Eiger. I had the (probably farm raised) pan roasted salmon and my husband had the Rosti with chicken and mushrooms. The dishes were obviously prepared by what I would call a chef rather than a cook. . . a notch above in tastes and presentation.

Our meals were delayed when a large party arrived all at once, but the manager came over to apoligize. . . offering the salad bar. . . I opted for a couple of glasses of wine "on the house". . . the wait was fine then. I would say that it is extremely difficult to effectively staff a large restaurant when the customer volume is so unpredictable. . . saying that, perhaps reservations should be required for parties over 6 persons.

Reviewed 24 February 2012

It was so nice to be able to come off the slopes right to have a warm drink or for a lunch break! Food is great as are the drinks. The servers don't rush you though so if you are in a hurry to get back out, you need to ask for your check.

Reviewed 25 July 2011

The new chef has an Australian influence and the result is some exciting food along a fusion style of traditional Swiss and eastern charm and some intriguing blends and mixes all of which was a great experience. A marinated raw fish starter with chilli and avocado; kangaroo with wasabi mash, or a vegetarian dish using soya which did not have cheese. We were encouraged to have the sweet which was a selection of different tastes including chocolate mousse, strawberry and lemon tart.
Enjoyed a bottle of Valpol Rippasso at a fair price