My wife and I spent 3 nights in Hotel Eiger Mürren, from 13-16th of February 2014. We arrived from Lauterbrunnen BLM, after taking telecabine and train to Mürren BLM. Once the train arrives in Mürren BLM, Hotel Eiger is located just opposite the railway station ! We booked and asked for a new renovated Superior Double room on last floor and we got the room number 449. Room was ok, but quite small to our experience. The large balcony (it is an open balcony, meaning no privacy between neighbours and you !), gives a very good view on the mountains (Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau).
We used once the swimming pool and sauna, actually, the water of the pool was a little bit fresh, it could be warmer...
We ate every evening in Tächi Bar, which is part of the Hotel Eiger. We had really excellent food, great service from Bernadette and could enjoy quiet and nice music during our dinner, including our St-Valentine evening which was just perfect. Tächi Bar is a quite famous location in Mürren as during the shooting of the movie James Bond 007 "On Her Majesty's Secret Service", the place was known to be used by actress Diana RIGG and by the stunt men, for example. So, do not hesitate to book a table to eat there on every evening, you will for sure enjoy.
What makes also this Hotel incredible, is the way the owning family is welcoming you, helping you, smiling, assisting, well they really care about their clients and you will definitively feel it. It's not a resort chain Hotel, but a privat family owners who have a very good reputation of quality and excellence, many details showed it to us like for example : great Samsung TV quality, night service in the room, expensive bathroom products, fresh flowers on tables, portier services for your luggages fast and efficient, food quantity and quality, great food at breakfast also, well a lot of positive points.
So, to resume our stay, I will say that :
Positive points :
1) Very close to railway station.
2) Music at breakfast and in Tächi Bar during evening.
3) Large flat TV screen Samsung with many channels available.
4) Food quantity and quality.
5) Friendliness and assistance of the staff.
6) Night bed service in the room.
7) Cup of champain offered in Tächi Bar upon arrival (or any other drink).
Points to be improved :
1) Our room (number 449) was quite small, maybe we will take a bigger Suite next time.
2) Swimming pool temperature was pretty fresh, it could be warmed up...
3) On 4th floor balcony, there is no privacy, your neighbours can walk in front of your room window as they want and watch inside if you did not close curtains...
4) Water of our shower could turn to be from very hot to very cold suddely, while taking our shower...
5) Beds were somehow not very large and pillow too soft for me.
Well that's it. I will soon add some photos of our stay, so that you can see what I'm talking about. Do not hesitate to stay in this Hotel, you will not regret it ;-).
We will come back in summer time !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Eiger in car free Murren - the perfect hideaway for some days in the mountains situated on a sunny plateau underneath the Schilthorn (James Bond location). Only 1 1/2 hours from Bern-Belp and 2 1/2 hours from Zuerich and in the middle of the Swiss Alps. We offer charming rooms, an indoor pool with sauna and massage, panoramic restaurant with tasty options, free WLAN and conference room for you next summit meeting. The Hotel Eiger is owned and personally managed by the young Staehli family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Odigeo, Agoda, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Eiger reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eiger Hotel Murren