Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews piz gloria cable car mountain view blue skies the hotel staff excellent view train station ferdinand schilthorn switzerland alps balcony snow luggage sauna alpine cars
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 September 2016

Had dinner at this hotel on 3 September 2016. Ordered the house speciality of beef tartar which was supposed to include 'chips'. Contrary to what I was expecting, we were served a huge bowl of soggy toast while the chips turned out to be a couple of tiny pieces of crisp-bread on top of the beef, which in itself was very average. If this indeed was the house specialty, glad I did not have anything that wasn't. Overall a very disappointing experience. We escaped as quickly as possible down the mountain for something more substantial and tasty in Lauterbrunnen. Verdict' great views of the Eiger etc, but eat elsewhere.

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 August 2016 via mobile

My idea of heaven. The Jungfrau region. The views to Eiger, Monch, Jungfrau. The Swiss hospitality, charm, cleanliness, attention to detail. The proximity to the Schilthornbahn. Paradise. Eden. Perfected.

Date of stay: September 2015
Reviewed 16 August 2016 via mobile

Closest hotel to the cable car, the Alpenruh is ideally situated with one of the best views of any restaurant/hotel. Front desk couldn't have been friendlier and even put up with my college German.

We stayed in their Husi (a small detached house with two bedrooms/kitchen/dining table for 6/patio and living room. Everything brand new, modern and super clean.

The views were amazing!

Date of stay: August 2016
Reviewed 4 August 2016 via mobile

My parents and I had booked in a Chalet for 4 nights (through booking.com). We are delayed in Italy due to car problems and the staff at Alpenruh have been tremendously understanding and helpful throughout the whole week, continuously staying flexible with our uncertain travel plans. I have never experienced such good service from a hotel that I have not yet arrived at! I highly recommend them.

Date of stay: August 2016
Reviewed 31 July 2016

Our room was very comfortable and clean. We had a backdoor that led to a shared patio that had tables and chairs. We stopped one day for snacks and beers and had a little happy hour of our own out there. Spectacular views from our room. The staff were very nice and helpful. Would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: June 2016