“Nice stay”
Review of Hotel Edelweiss

Hotel Edelweiss
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Murren
Reviewed 10 September 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel. Our stay was excellent and we wouldn't change a thing about the hotel or service. Highlights of the stay-
1. Hotel room was smaller than the average hotel room in USA but was manageable.
2. View from the balcony was jaw dropping.
3. Bathroom was pretty big with a great tub.
4. Service was excellent.
5. Food was good. Very friendly staff.
I would go there again second time around if I got the change.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with view. It makes a lot of difference.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kola_pra

Reviewed 4 September 2013

I can only echo the other positive reviews for this hotel. We spent 4 nights with a room that looked directly at the Jungfrau--we were so close that when taking a picture from our balcony I could not get the whole mountain in the picture! We also loved watching the clouds and para-gliders move through the valley below. We had a package that included the half board (a four course meal) for dinner and we loved every meal, every course (and our standards are high for food). This hotel began to feel like home to us and we were sad to leave. FYI--there is no pool/spa on the premises but they give you a complimentary pass to the community pool with whirlpool and it is just a 3-5 minute walk. Hoping to return!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a mountain view!
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We are staying here for 3 nights in August. The building is modern but the views are incredible from our balcony. The hotel is spotlessly clean, the beds are comfortable and the showers hot. Breakfast is standard fare. Wifi is included and is excellent. We had dinner here the first night and the food was very, very good with good service.

It is a family run business and the location is excellent. Murren is a wonderful spot as a base.

Room Tip: Go for the balcony. Unobstructed view of the Eiger.
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We stayed for two nights at the Hotel Edelweiss in July and had a corner room with a balcony that overlooked the Eiger, Moench & Jungfrau mountain peaks. SPECTACLUAR!! Prior to our 3 week trip to Europe my wife was not very interested in going to Switzerland, but when it was over, this part of our trip was her favourite part of the trip. What makes this Hotel is the view. Our room was modern, clean and very comfortable, however, these would be features you could have gotten in several other Hotels, but you could not have replicated the view. From our balcony the mountains felt so close and being at 5,000 feet we had great views of the peaks and also of the valley below. You know that when you see Helicopters travelling back and forth below you, you are at a high elevation. An unexpected pleasure of staying here was watching the weather patterns change. One evening when we were on our patio enjoying the view with a glass of wine, we watched a layer of fog/cloud rise from the valley floor and entirely shroud the view in a matter of a couple of minutes. 30 minutes later, the fog was gone and the view was restored. We found the service and the breakfast to be very good, but the outstanding feature of this hotel is it's location and the view. We loved it!

Room Tip: I would definitely pick a room with a view and a balcony. Try to get a corner room and that will fur...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2013

We stayed, only for one night, at the Hotel Edelweiss in Murren a few weeks ago. Contrary to the last two reviews, we found our room to be quite spacious and the service to be very friendly, overall. The room was comfortable, and the balcony was lovely. The breakfast was filling, and there was a lot of different choice. I also think the price was quite reasonable for such a high-quality three-star. They had also recently completed a renovation - the rooms seemed very well-designed with new fixtures and materials. All in all, I can highly recommend the Edelwiess if you're visiting the area.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

This hotel is not recommended for family especially with young children. The staff is not tolerable for small kids and seems stressed out. One of the staff members shouted and yelled on our 5 year old son instead of taking with us and being polite.

We are from US and are used to a different treatment at home. The lady was very rude and seems over worked in the restaurant. My daughter (6 year old) was shocked and said that she will never visit Murren again because of that experience. It spoiled our evening. The food was mediocre. I would strongly recommned their neighbour for food and lodging (Alpina hotel).

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank ShahinIqbal
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I stayed here 3 nights. I was supposed to stay 4 nights but the room was very expensive for what I got. I had no balcany and it was supposed to be a double room but when I moved to a single room in another hotel in Wengen it was as big or bigger than this one that was booked as double.

There is no phone in the room and no shampoo or any of the normal amenities you expect in a hotel. The best thing about this place is the food. I'd say the food is pretty good. The manager Daniel is helpful but I think they are understaffed. He was not only running the front desk but was also serving food in the dining room and When I arrived after a long trip there was actually no one at the front reception. Had to use a phone to call someone to come and there were several of us checking in.

I would highly recommend the Best Western Hotel in Wengen. For less money per night you get much better service at a 4 star hotel. Also one thing you should know is that this hotel is down a steep hill. After hiking all day and being tired I didnt have the energy to also hike again from the hotel back to town for dinner.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo