Eiger Guesthouse
Hotel Alpina(Murren)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Regina(Murren)
  • Restaurant
All reviewstrain stationguest houseno elevatorbunk bedstwo nightscable cartop floormurren blmgreat hikingyogurtthe perfect place to staysmall trainfonduemountain viewhiking trailssmall balconyswiss alps
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Everyone at Eiger Guesthouse was very friendly and helpful, from helping us find the perfect hiking trails, to serving hot soup and bread to our room after a long day. Our room was cozy and had an amazing view of the Eiger Mountain. The train station is right across the street which makes it very convenient! Our breakfast was delicious and was part of our room price. if I ever get to go back to Murren I will definitely stay at the Eiger Guesthouse!

Room Tip: ask for a room with an Eiger view!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 July 2014

First the good: the staff was very friendly and extremely helpful. They went out of their way to help us, right down to packing us a lunch because we had to leave early and miss breakfast the day of our departure. The room was clean and comfortable but a little cramped for our family of four. My only disappointment is I felt the view of the alps was not good. I felt a little mislead on that. Reading the trip advisor reviews I thought it would be better. There is construction on the train station across the street but even without that the view was not great. What bothers me the most is I asked the hotel about the view in an email six months before I arrived and was assured the view was good. We spent some time walking around town and looking at other hotels and found much better views. For me that is important since I'm coming from so far away. Having said that I do believe the staff worked hard to make our trip pleasant which is why I gave them 4 stars.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We had a great time at the Eiger Guesthouse. The room was clean, comfortable, and nicely decorated. The staff were all very nice and helpful and went out of their way to make our stay comfortable. Breakfast was great, and dinner in the restaurant was delicious. We will definitely stay at the Eiger Gueshouse next time we visit Murren. Thank you Emma and staff!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 June 2014

The location was perfect- right across from the train station and the staff were all very helpful . The room was small but suited our needs nicely. Really liked the down comforters! Breakfast was great-many pastries,breads, eggs, meat, cheese, yogurt, cereal, juice and coffee. We had dinner here also-very good. We will stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2014

The staff here are very warm and welcoming. They definitely do whatever they can to make your stay a good one. Emma and staff are responsive and helpful. They even went so far as to pack up some "breakfast" for us since we had to leave very early. I would stay here again in future. Location is also very convenient to train - especially convenient for early morning departures.

Room Tip: We paid a little extra for a balcony rm w view, but please note that there is currently work being done on train station across road which detracts from view (at least for 2nd floor, or floor 1 in Europe). Also there is a common area deck or open outdoor space w same view of mountains.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family