“A real gem of a hotel”
Review of Hotel Edelweiss

Hotel Edelweiss
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Wengen
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We selected Hotel Edelweiss on the basis of very enthusiastic reviews on another website, and all our own experience confirmed everyone else's very positive comments. From first booking Daniel (manager & soon-to-be-owner) was extremely helpful, & he & his wife continued to be so right through our stay. We booked for B&B then took up an very good offer on 4-course dinners for the durstion (7d) of our stay: breakfasts were self-service from a good selection of Swiss foods, and you may eat as much as you want; dinner menus were for a fixed 4 courses (different every evening) & were delicious, prepared by an excellent Austrian chef. The well-selected wine list was of mainly Swiss wines & those we tasted were most enjoyable - nice to get the chance to try wines which are not much exported. There were pleasant seating areas with tea, coffee & drinks available on a charming honesty-box basis. Our room was spacious, comfortable & with a nice balcony overlooking the Jungfrau & Silberhorn. Everything everywhere was spotlessly clean. Hotel staff (from manager downwards) were charming, friendly andf helpful. We would stay here again without any hesitation.

Room Tip: The whole village is car-free & so very quiet (and we live in the country so we appreciate quiet...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David T
There are newer reviews for Hotel Edelweiss

Reviewed 27 July 2014

I booked my reservation many months prior to my first visit to the Interlaken area of Switzerland. I wasn't sure where to stay and chose Edelweiss based on Trip Advisor reviews. I can see that the reviews have even gone up more since I looked back in January. First, Daniel was so helpful in making my reservation. He responded promptly to all emails and questions. I had a hard time calling him, not realizing how to dial Switzerland, so he was going to call me. he was so pleasant to talk to and made me look forward to stayng there. Upon arrival we were greeted by him. he took his time to explain this region and answer all questions. I knew when booking that we were staying at a 3* hotel! but as you can see, I have given this five stars out of five stars. The hospitality here is wonderful! breakfast is included, although it is not a hot breakfast, but very satisfactory. I urge you to book dinners with him. Each night is a different four course meal and is very filling and is a taste of foods from this region and is a great value. Our room: we had three adults and we had plenty of room. The room looked nice and fresh and has good, comfortable beds with fluffy comforters. The pictures on the website don't do it justice. There are a couple of rooms downstairs to enjoy yourselves in and relax. I took some time out to go down to one and have some cups of hot tea and read a book while looking out the windows to God's beautiful country. I guarantee you will love your stay here. I will be sad when we leave. Honestly, the only thing missing is a big roaring fire. Thank you Daniel (and your lovely wife) for the wonderful memories we will take home with us.

Room Tip: I love my room, but you may want to ask for a room with a balcony
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank disneykathie
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

We had 2 rooms for 3 nights. The rooms had beautiful views and washcloths! I know some people don't care, but I forgot to pack a washcloth this time and never feel completely clean without one. The rooms are decent sized, the bathrooms were pretty small. They have lovely outdoor seating and plenty of indoor room to read, play cards, etc...if the weather's really bad. Wifi worked well. No airconditioner, but we didn't need it. The breakfast was great, loved the granola. We ate there for dinner 2 nights. Four courses for 25 Swiss Francs. The food was excellent and there's always a suggested wine for an additional charge. Our daughter celebrated a birthday and they ordered a cake, decorated the table and sang. Everything in Switzerland is VERY expensive. This hotel is a great find. I highly recommend and would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank PlanningFool
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Last time I was in Interlaken, I stayed in Lauterbrunnen. Very happy that I selected Hotel Edelweiss. Great views, wonderful service, good sized rooms, a host of amenities (TV room,ping pong, fussball, sauna, beer for sale) and wonderful meals. The hotel is only a few minutes walk from the Wengen station and has a patio with a view of the valley and mountains. They also have a great laundry service which we desperately needed. Would recommend eating dinner in the hotel vs going into town. Perfect for families.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank swegs
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Sometimes justice demands it. (And I hate to give 5-star reviews. Goodness is this the first time you've stayed at a hotel with sheets on the bed?) all that said, the Edelweiss is excellent in all the conventional ways an Alps hotel can be - location, location, location, views, views, views. But why I'm going to the trouble of thumbing this into the iPhone is Daniel the manager, who exudes hearty straightforward charm, witty and frank filled with facts and insights about the Swiss and Switzerland. Five weeks in Europe and 12 hotels, none of which were bad and most of which were quite nice. Unless my thumb gets a second wind, this is the only one I'll go to the trouble of reviewing. Five bright stars!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Jmr1944
Reviewed 20 July 2014

It was one of the best places I've stayed in. Daniel and Susanne are able to run this cosy family hotel with no effort. They were so helpful to give suggestions and knows the area very well. The hotel has a peaceful feel to it and is child friendly. The food was excellent and I would recommend it to anyone coming to the Alps. Cheese fondue...the best. Recommended wine...impressive! The views...brilliant! For hiking in the summer...I am coming back here again. The beds are comfortable and the rooms are clean. The hotel's Hiking sticks were helpful as we had sore knees. Thank you Daniel for helping us to choose the best option for hiking and activities for the time we had there taking the weather in consideration. GREAT PLACE OveRALL!

Room Tip: Any room is good!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ronel G
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Just spent 3 days at the Hotel Edelweiss. Absolutely breathtaking views of the Jungfrau and the Lauterbrunnen Valley. The staff was wonderful, friendly, helpful, and accommodating. Although it was not on the fixed menu, they prepared an excellent cheese fondue meal for our family. The hotel has a nice game room, reading room and is close to the train station and to the cable car up to Mannlichen. The breakfast is a very extensive buffet with assorted meats and cheeses, cereals/muesli, breads, juices, hot chocolate/Ovaltine and coffee. The rooms are a nice size with a nice balcony to relax in comfortable chairs/table - very clean and best of all, quiet...we especially liked the ability to leave the balcony door open for fresh air at night while closing the shutters for privacy and security!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view on the Jungfrau side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wengen
Hotel Belvedere
#8 of 20 in Wengen
Hotel Eiger
Hotel Eiger
#1 of 11 in Murren

Been to Hotel Edelweiss? Share your experiences!