“An excellent mountainside dining experience-fresh food!!”

Hotel Restaurant Baeren
Ranked #1 of 33 Restaurants in Wengen
Price range: US$9 - US$43
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Restaurant Regional, seasonal and fresh We will treat you to regional and international delicacies in our Restaurant Baren, Wengen. Our dishes are prepared using fresh and seasonal regional produce. Vegetarians and lovers of fish will also find some dishes here. To accompany your meals, we serve numerous fine speciality wines from Switzerland. A fine meal with friends Celebrate a birthday quietly or in style with many friends. Raise your glasses to a successful business year. Maybe a romantic dinner for two. Our restaurant can accommodate your very personal needs. Mountain air and active living promote a healthy appetite Definitely a case for the Baren kitchen. Our experienced team will solve your case with culinary finesse and quality ingredients. A taste experience for those who delight in variety. The result: Regional and original, a modern interpretation. Wine for every taste In our cellars you will only find fine European wines. We focus on Switzerland, Italy, France and Spain. There is something here for every taste and budget. We are happy to give you a recommendation and all of our wines are also available to take with you.
Reviewed 27 November 2013

We were staying at a different hotel in Wengen and asked where else we should have dinner-without hesitation our hotel manager recommended Baeren and he was right!!!

Wonderful, fresh food prepared with light spices and sauces. Great wine list as well.

Therese was warm and friendly. The room was packed (no surprise) but service was swift and attentive.

1  Thank joncra
There are newer reviews for Hotel Restaurant Baeren

Reviewed 15 October 2013

I was vacationing in Wengen when I had my 65th birthday. I celebrated the occasion with dinner with family at the Baeren. The room is elegant, yet the atmosphere is relaxed. Excellent service, excellent food. The stress is on local, seasonal products, which when I was there included several varieties of local game (wild boar, etc.) The wine list is very good on reasonably priced Swiss wines. Over three visits, I've dined at quite a few of Wengen's restaurants. For my money, this is the best.

1  Thank Timothy B
Reviewed 28 September 2013

A beautiful restaurant (attached to a hotel) with excellent service and a varied menu. Although somewhat expensive, the menu offering include smaller and larger portions and a range of prices so it is possible to sample an innovative, extremely well prepared and attractively presented meal within almost any traveler's budget. We ordered from a menu of specials celebrating local game and the fall harvest and it was among the best meals we had during our European trip.

1  Thank DrRicOregon
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Had dinner in the restaurant on a Thursday night.
Food was excellent and staff friendly.
However, one of our party did not get the meal she ordered and when we pointed out same to our waitress, she just shrugged and walked away.
Despite this, the alternative meal was delicious.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

We stayed in Hotel Baren for four days for our honeymoon. The owner and the staff are super friendly. On the second day my husband got sick, so I was eating alone. The owner stopped by every day to ask me how my husband was doing, and even offered some bananas for free as my husband was having a stomach flu. They were very friendly and accommodating. We forgot to pack some clothes. I emailed them and they said they would mail the clothes to me without charging us. That is very nice of them as they will need to mail it from Switzerland to US so it is not that cheap.

Besides the excellent food, I have to mention their excellent food. Make sure you book your stay on their website directly and get their half board dinner. You room rate will include your breakfast and dinner, a very good deal. It was a four course meal and every course was delicious! They are a Michelin recommended restaurant. It will cost you close to 50 swiss francs if you are not on the half board plan. However, I think even that is a very good deal for non-hotel guests. The food is amazing. Make sure you try their game meal in the fall. The owner gifted us two glasses of sparking wine for our meal as we mentioned to them it was our honeymoon. We ate every meal there as there was no need to go out for good food.

For the rooms, try to get a room with balcony if you could. The balcony rooms are renovated, bigger and nicer looking and they have amazing views of the glacier from your balcony!

The friendliness of the hotel staff and amazing food really made our stay a great experience. We'd like to come back, and would consider staying in the same hotel.

2  Thank Liz W