“Looks promising but doesn't deliver.”

Pasta & More Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 33 Restaurants in Wengen
Price range: US$8 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: This is the restaurant at the Hotel Victoria-Lauberhorn in Wengen.
Reviewed 11 August 2014

The restaurant is beautiful with a nice decor, lighting and interesting local artwork.
They were very busy and the service was somewhat slow. Our food took a little bit of time and they brought a bread basket with 4 small pieces of bread for 4 people. We were never able to get more water.
The food sounded good on the menu , but when it came it wasn't really tasty. My son left hungry. The prices were in line with other restaurants in the area.
It was OK but not memorable. I wouldn't go back.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We like the variety on the menu especially after days of just potatoes, cheese, butter and eggs. Our server was helpful and pleasant. The food was good.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

My husband and I stayed in Wengen for a few days in June 2014. Beautiful town and wonderful trip. The only low point was this restaurant. We waited for about 20 minutes for an outside table, which was fine. The waitress then came out and let us know that our table was ready. As we were sitting down the hostess came running over yelling NO!! Apparently the table was for someone else, which was fine but for the fact that the staff and hostess acted like we were trying to take the table. Our waitress was MIA by this point. Very embarrassing for us. She later apologized very quietly, and we should have just left, but we stuck it out and the food was mediocre at best, as was the wine selection. Not at all worth it, very over priced and there wasn't much of a scenic view. Thankfully this was the only misstep in an otherwise lovely visit.

1  Thank aimeescanlon
Reviewed 22 July 2014

My family ate dinner here one evening. The ambiance and decor is good - a modern feel. The staff was friendly and spoke very good English, which helped us a lot. The food, however, was just ok. Everything in Wengen is pricey, but this food didn't seem worth the price. I had the bacon mac and cheese and it was just ok.

A couple in our party ordered the fondue, but asked for potatoes instead of bread (because they are gluten-free) - they brought the potatoes but charged extra for them, even though they didn't have the bread that came with it.

We had 2 children in our group and they allowed them to split a plate of plain pasta, which was nice. Although I believe the plain pasta was 14 CHF and the kids were still hungry afterward.

Wengen is not an easy place to find well-priced food. This restaurant is fine, but don't expect to be blown away by it.

Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Having read the reviews on Trip Advisor, I was pleasantly surprised at this restaurant. This should easily be a 4 out of 5 star rating, at least!

Right from entering the restaurant, the service staff were attentive and helpful! Such a pleasure having just left another restaurant for their complete lack of service - that review is available on Trip Advisor also!

The restaurant was busy, but we soon had a table for two, and the service for the tables was also impeccable. I can't remember the girl's name, but she was Portuguese, and a lovlier girl you will not meet! Super attentive, amd her attention to the finer points of service was awesome.

The food arrived in good time, started with a plate of local meat and cheese - superb. My partner had the steak, which she really enjoyed, and I took the raclette, which was a generous serving!

All in all, a great dining experience - thanks ever so much!

1  Thank NeutralObserver123