Hotels.com
Trip.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
All reviews junior suite half board train station jungfrau view family run wonderful hotel nothing is too much trouble breakfast buffet course dinner food is excellent every guest five courses ski holiday soup cable car owners and staff steam room
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 July 2019

I am very thoughtful in my rankings. We've stayed at a lot of hotels and I don't think it's fair to give every hotel that is clean 5 stars because after all, clean rooms and courteous staff should be standard. But here, I struggled with- is this a 3 star average hotel or above average hotel?

I finally decided to give them 4 stars for the views, breakfast, and pool. The view is priceless really. The breakfast was very good and the pool was a blessing because we were there during a rare heat wave of extremely high temperatures.

However, there's a lot that was a problem and would prevent me from returning.

1. They are 10 minutes uphill from town (and thus 10 minutes downhill) which isn't normally terrible to have to walk a bit, but when we were already hiking for hours logging miles and hills on the trails, it sort of blew to be tired and have to walk uphill for 10 more minutes to the hotel upon our return to Wengen.

2. The bar area... they have this "bar/restaurant" to the right of the check in desk. But the lights are always off and no one is ever in there. It's unwelcoming. There is a large opening into that room so when you are checking in and look to the darkened bar area to the right, it's depressing and empty. My husband had to find someone each night who could get him a beer.

3. Extras... like I mentioned, there is no A/C and it was during the heat wave so we had to ask for a fan and received a fan that looked like they scrounged it up from granny's attic. By comparison, we were at another Switzerland hotel and they offered us a fan which looked brand new even though they had A/C - but it was struggling to keep up). So sleeping was very difficult in the heat. But the devil in in the details.

4. Cleaning service - there was a table in our room with nuts and water bottles on it. But they were never removed during our stay (several bottles were empty). This wasn't a big deal, but it's a detail.

5. Outdoor "pool" - ha ha ha. Seriously? The pictures on the website aren't even close other than it is green. When we were there, it was an algae infested green sludge pond. To call it anything else is snake oil salesmanship. In 90+ degree temperatures and our entire stay - not one time did I see anyone set foot next to this pond much less stick a toe in it. The indoor pool was nice however.

So overall I'd rate it 3 stars, but the views, indoor pool and breakfast made me feel generous and give it 4 stars.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank chamdex
Reviewed 14 July 2019

I visited this hotel in July 2018 and decided to come back for a holiday because of its beautiful location.

I stayed here on half board. Breakfast and dinner are excellent. The hotel is owned and operated by a very friendly family. There are many repeaters at this hotel which confirms the high level of guest satisfaction.

The hotel has no air conditioning, which I knew when I booked the hotel. Problem is temperature was high during my stay and a good nights sleep which is essential on holiday is uncertain. It could be worse during a heat wave which are becoming more common in Europe. Sooner or later the hotel has to invest on air conditioning. I’ll be returning next year but would stay in Interlaken and invest in a Jungfrau Travel Pass.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank 9tarayad
Reviewed 10 July 2019

As always, our annual visit to the Swiss Alps and staying at the Beausite Park Hotel was excellent. The management gone out of their way to help and the daily menu was well planned. We hope to be back next year, our 14th years staying in the hotel.

Room tip: Front rooms facing the Jungfrau
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 July 2019

We have just returned from spending a week at the Beausite Park hotel. For our 30th Wedding anniversary I searched for a hotel that would meet my wife’s high standards in terms of cleanliness, food, location, views and facilities. The Beausite exceeded all our expectations. We paid extra for a balcony with a mountain view and the view was absolutely stunning from the depths of the Lauterbrunnen valley to the peaks of the Breithorn and Jungfrau. One of the best view in the Alps. The view was repeated in the public areas of the hotel with large picture windows. The food was a high standard with a choice of main course, and six courses in total including cheese and fruit. The staff were all well trained and very polite. There is lots of walks in the area supported by an extensive and efficient public transport system. Everywhere you go there are extensive mountain views. Returning to the hotel each afternoon there is a refreshing indoor pool and an outdoor ‘natural pool’ for the more adventurous. Overall I would recommend this hotel and plan to return .

Room tip: We stayed in room 204 which has a large private balcony with mountain views
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2019

Last year I wrote a glowing review after a fabulous stay in the family apartment at the Beausite Park. In the past we have generally found that a repeat hotel visit has elements of anti climax but this was certainly not the case with our holiday this July. Everything was perfect. The welcome by the Leemann-von Allmen family members is always warm and something that makes a well run family hotel so much more personal than company owned chain hotels.
Our rooms were beautifully attended on more than one occasion each day and the food seemed even better than the faultless offering last year. The restaurant staff were attentive and always offered help with menu choices as well as being fun and good humoured
Various members of my family found the pool and spa offerings therapeutic and good value
Wengen is the perfect resort to return to year after year and this will certainly not be my last stay at the Beausite Park

Room tip: A room with a Jungfrau view & balcony