Stayed in this property for 3 nights in May 2013. I wanted to stay in a mountain village with killer views and definitely was not disappointing. Surprisingly during my time of visit, staying in Wengen is about 20 percent cheaper vs staying in Interlaken for apple to apple ensuite single. Overall, would recommend it IF you're itinerary is mainly revolving around Berner Oberland area.
- THE VIEWS!!! I got room 41 which is corner room on 4th floor, so I basically have views on 2 sides of the walls with (almost private) balcony.
- Surprisingly stable wifi (for a mountain village!) I can stream youtube videos relatively smoothly
- Warm water in the shower, there's also hangers if you want to dry your clothes. There's also radiator to keep the room warm
- Including breakfast (although its very basic)
- Electric buggy to take you to the station after check out (although its still within walking distance)
- Room is cleaned everyday
- Bathroom and the tube TV is a bit outdated but all still works fine. Quite a lot of Deutsch and French channel.
- Wengen village itself "shutdown" outside peak season so when I was there, a lot of the shops and restaurants were closed (but the minimarket, bank, post office still open)
If you find my review to be helpful I would appreciate if you press that helpful vote. Thanks!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Alpenruhe Kulm Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alpenruhe Hotel Wengen