“Nice Dinner”

Dining options: Reservations
Seattle, Washington
“Nice Dinner”
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Very good restaurant with a great location (right at the train station) in downtown Wengen. We ate inside but they had a nice patio outside. It was relatively empty at 7pm on a Tuesday evening. I had the Rosti with egg and bacon which was very good. Others had pasta and steak (entrecote). They spoke English. Cost was reasonable for Switzerland (about $20-$30 per person).

Visited August 2013

North Carolina
“Pleasant place-Decent Food”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

On our most recent trip to Wengen, we had just finished purchasing our six day transportation pass when we walked past Restaurant Eiger, just across from the train depot. We struck up a conversation with the very cordial owner who invited us to try his place for dinner that night. We had eaten a few meals at the Eiger on our first trip, but I believe it has changed hands.

It's a pleasant, informal restaurant and we were able to enjoy outdoor dining in perfect summer weather. I'm a big fan of fresh water fish and the Eiger had a fresh water perch dish which reminded me of my younger years living near the Great Lakes where fresh water perch was abundant. Unless you live near someplace like the Great Lakes, you'll usually only find ocean perch on a menu. Lake perch is a thousand times more tasty than ocean perch. At the Eiger, it was so good that I had the same dish on our second visit, later that week.

The wait staff were friendly and we enjoyed both of our visits. We would return.

• Visited July 2013
North Olmsted, Ohio
“Nice place for lunch”
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Reasonable portions of good food at a fair price. What more could you ask for? How about an engaging conversation with the owner? That was our experience, and he made the lunch meal even more enjoyable.

Visited June 2013
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Terrace”
Reviewed 27 June 2013

I love sitting here on a sunny day watching the world go by. It is a great place to people watch. I had one of the best apple strudels in the Alps. The owner is a really lovely man and is really enthusiastic about grappas and I believe he has quite a collection. They also own the Pickel Bar around the corner on the main high street where there is a great bar tender.

Visited June 2013
Loveland, Colorado
“A Good Choice in Wengen”
Reviewed 14 June 2013

This is an unassuming little place and was quiet the night we visited. The service was adequate and the prices were reasonable for Wengen.

The food was a pleasant surprise. My wife had spaghetti bolognese, which she liked very much. I had medallions of pork in a very nice mustard sauce. Portions were large in both cases. One can do worse in Wengen.

• Visited June 2013