“Nice hostel near ski run #15”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Arosa
Arosa Mountain Lodge
Ranked #7 of 12 Speciality Lodging in Arosa
Los Angeles, California
“Nice hostel near ski run #15”
Reviewed 19 February 2013

Stayed here twice for a ski weekend. The beds are quite comfy and the everything looks quite clean. The first time I was in a four-person room, and it seemed a bit cramped, but the second time I was in a two-person room, and the room looked quite spacious with the bunk beds, little table with two chairs, sink, and plenty of storage space.

It's a 20-minute walk or a CHF 15 taxi ride from the train station. Fairly quiet surroundings, as it's right next to the ski slope, but the walls are a bit thin, so you can hear rowdy people on the floor.

Simple yet ample buffet breakfast of multiple kinds of bread, cereal, hot and cold drinks, meats, cheese, and yogurt. Dinner was Riz Casimir, salad, creamy pea soup, bread, water, and some kind of berry pudding for dessert.

There's a bar in the hostel and plenty of comfy sofas for lounging around and watching tv.

I paid CHF 215 for 2 nights in a 2-bed room + breakfast & dinner including a ski ticket for 2 days. I would say it's a pretty good deal, as this place is quite close to the ski run #15, too.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank I-Lin10

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 6 February 2012

we paid 287.- for 2 nights per person - including the ski-ticket. so that is approx. 75.- per night/person.
the room was extremely small regarding the fact that it was a dorm for 6 people. no shower, no toilet, no space to put our stuff. the sauna costs 10.- extra, you have to put the bed linen on by yourself (!!!), breakfast was not much more than a piece of bread and some muesli.
Arosa town is NOT a 5-minute-walk away as promised.
it ist a barefacedness to ask for so much money for this lousy service.

- not to recommend -

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Arosa hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 April 2010

Just returned from a weeks skiing in Arosa, travelled with a party of 28, my daughters skating club, who go every year for the last three years, this is the first year I have joined them.
Mountain Lodge Arosa was better than I had expected as I had been told the bad points so did not have high expectations.
This is a Lodge or Hostel as I would like to call it, not a hotel - the difference being that there are only a few en-suite rooms, all other rooms share toilet and shower facilities on each floor and as far as I am aware there are no double beds in this accommodation, just mainly bunk beds and single beds.
We as a family of four were given upon request an en-suite room, it was a large room with two sets of bunk beds, a large closet with full length mirror, small round table with two chairs and a sofa bed chair. The room had a basin/sink in the actual bedroom with a lighted mirror cabinet above and the en-suite was basically a toilet and shower bowl with shower curtain in a cupboard - can't call it a bathroom as it was too small and basic. I must say that the shower was lovely and powerful and plenty of hot water. Room, sink and toilet/shower was exceptionally clean and bedding was very clean also, better than some four star hotels I have stayed in, but we did have to make up our own beds. Toilet rolls were provided, but no other toiletries or towels/wash cloths. Plenty of storage in the room, room big enough to push one set of bunk-beds aside and put the two mattresses on the floor to make a large double bed, which was very comfortable for my husband and myself.
Views from the rooms were gorgeous although our room being a corner room did not have a balcony, but the rooms on the other side of the corridor all had balconies - we were in room 321.
Hotel is ski from, as there is a small road, which when there is plenty of snow cover, you can ski straight down to the slope leading to the chair lift and main Gondola, but it is not ski to as you have to walk up a hill to the Lodge to return, which can be tiring but only a short walk - roughly 5 mins.
Walk down into town around 10 mins.
Hotel supplies it's own ski/boot/board/helmet hire in the basement and there is also room to store the skis etc at the end of each day, although cannot guarantee that someone does not take your skis by mistake the next morning as the room is very dark, small and skis tend to pile up. Lodge is used by school parties, so this also causes some confusion when finding skis, although they are always very well behaved.
Lodge has a tea room in the lower floors where you can make your own tea/coffee or sit and look at the views, which is nice. There is a TV room which I am told is comfortable but did not use, a large bar lounge area, but no music or anything to do after dinner unless you bring your own activities via cards etc. There is a disco room on the first floor I think as they hold a weekly disco for the school-kids etc which from the sound seemed good.
Food at the lodge is very basic but edible, breakfast is cereals, bread, small selection of chees spreads and meat or veggie pate, occasionally a plate of small chunks of cheese is there along with one plate of cold meat, no real choice, plus jams. Choice of tea/coffee/hot chocolate/juice & water Oh and almost forgot the hard boiled eggs - so not a bad breakfast spread and the bread was lovely.
For lunch we had pre-ordered packed lunches which the lodge makes, consists of a sandwich (egg mayonnaise, tuna, cheese or ham - no choice but will be one of these each day) a small bottle of juice and a small chocolate bar like kit kat or one twix - again sufficient for lunch but you have to get there quick in the morning to make sure no-one else takes your lunch or in most cases chocolate.
Dinner was hit or miss affair, only ever one main course of meat dish, tray of potato or rice and tray of mixed veg. There is a small salad bar and pot of soup each evening and one choice dessert each evening. There are jugs of water to pour yourselves a glass with dinner. Menu for our week was first night no meat as ran out, so we had pasta, beef gravy and peas, other nights pasta, beefburgers, pork kebabs, pork slices, chicken nuggets.
Staff seem very nice at lodge, all young uni gap year types.
Bar serves bottles of beer or large bottles of soft drinks, can't buy by the glass.
Enjoyed the week mainly because of the good crowd we were with and the good skiing, don't think I would stay at the Lodge again, but my husband and children like it - maybe I ahve been too spoiled!

• Stayed April 2010
1 Thank ginnyLondon
Frick, Switzerland
Reviewed 11 January 2009

Me and my wife stayed there for new years eve.
First I have to say the town Arosa is very lovely.
But....
We came to the lodge where we had to q up for the check in at 16.30 pm. Check out is is 9.30 in the morning, so we were wondering what they take them so long to arange. I really don´t understand why in peak season the front desk is not occupied during the whole day.
After finally being at the desk we were told that we do not have a double bed, altough I told them we were married. So we ended up in a bunk bed. Then I asked for the car park. They told me if I had no reservation they could not give me one. I said that on previous phone contact I was asking for it and nobody told me that I had to reserve a lot for my car. So I had to park my car in the town which is 15 to 20 minutes walk downhill. On their website they write it is 5 minutes away.

Unluckily after the second day there I had a accident and I could hardly walk. We decided to leave earlier. So we wanted to postbone one night and the ski tickets for another 2 days. We did not get any refund back. They said I have to see a doctor otherwise I would get not back any money. I said I hardly can walk and getting a car perk somewhere downtown is almost impossible as the resort is full with people, so how am I supposed to see a doctor?

Therefore we left very angry. I have to say in total that was my most expensive skiing day ever as we were only able to ski one day before my accident.

I really do not recommend to go there as there is no felxibility at all, the rooms are very tiny and do not look like the pictures, and it is very far from everything

• Liked — view
  • Disliked — not like what it is shown on the website
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Marcos79
Reviewed 19 November 2007

We stayed at Mountain Lodge last January and had a great time. The staff was always very friendly and we got to know many other guests while playing card, talking or watching tele in the TV room. We also enjoyed having a reasonably priced bar in the hostel. I'm a vegetarian and therefore I really liked the vegi menu they offered and the nice salad buffet...
I loved it there and I'm looking forward to stay there this winter again.

• Liked — everything
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed January 2007
Rosietea
Reviewed 8 October 2007

I am responsible for organising a school skiing trip every year for between 100 and 120 children and their families. For the past 3 years, we have been going to the Mountain Lodge in Arosa and this March we will be going again!

The lodge is slap bang in the middle of the skiing area - you would be hard pushed to get better door-to-door skiing and the accomodation is pristeen to a standard that only the Swiss are capable of. Nothing is too much for the team there and every year, they put themselves out to help us royally.

Arosa is an incredibly expensive resort which would normally be out of bounds for a school trip but the Mountain Lodge in conjunction with the Ski Company in Greenwich makes it all accessible to us. I cannot recommend both of these companies too highly!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed March 2006
London
Reviewed 5 October 2007

We had a wonderful time in Arosa skiing with family and friends last February.

The town of Arosa is certainly picturesque and from the moment you arrive it is clear that there is plenty to see and do.

From the train station we took a taxi up what looked like a piste to our hotel. We drove past a horse drawn sleigh and then crossed a bridge over a main ski slope with skiers whooshing underneath and this definitely got us in the ski mood.

Although the hotel is a very large building it sits quite nicely in the forest. Inside the hotel was basic but the rooms were very comfortable. The hotel was always very warm and the hot water seemingly endless with no shortage of bathrooms.

Evening meals were buffet style but this meant that we could pick and choose and there was always plenty of food on offer.

The most impressive thing about the Mountain Lodge was the access to the ski area. Many hotels boast of “door step” skiing but this is the first time that I have truly been able to step outside and put my skis on immediately… you actually ski down directly to a chair lift or the main gondola.

The ski area itself was fantastic, very easy to navigate and nearly all the lifts are cable car or chair lift.

It made a nice change to be somewhere with very few Brits. I was worried my lack of German would be a problem but most people spoke English.

Overall, Arosa was very welcoming and it would be difficult to fault the town or the ski area. The Mountain Lodge would not be described as five star but the location was superb so while everyone else was queuing for the bus I was already on my second beer.

• Liked — location
  • Stayed February 2007, travelled with friends