“A classic in Celerina”

Dining options: Reservations
Mahe Island, Seychelles
“A classic in Celerina”
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Great restaurant, one of the best in Celerina.
Have been there countless times for all kind of occasions.
Very nice atmosphere.
Good cuisine. Great meat especially the fondue Chinoise.
Excellent service.
Will go back for sure....

• Visited February 2013

Gothenburg, Sweden
“Their low is extremely high...”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

First a disclaimer. I have been to this restaurant more times than I can remember. I had my graduation party there and - in the interest of full disclosure - my father was the architect who built the hotel back in the 1980ies.

The owner and head chef, Christian, is a wizard when it comes to his kitchen. Old school chef, you may hear him yell to his staff (although he's mellowed considerably), but his taste buds haven't. I have eaten through his menu from top to bottom and back up and there is literally nothing I didn't like.

These days, as a vegetarian, I rely on local Grison cuisine, with lots of meatless alternatives, heavy on flour and veggies, but delicious. It's what got them through their long winters… But I can always ask for something special.

For instance their amazing (just think of it) saffron spaghetti! Normally served with a bit of fried and chopped pieces of bacon, but for me, they make it veggie style, perfectly seasoned!

The Saluver is very popular with locals for lunch (they serve a special three course meal: soup, main, desert) and naturally always the full à la carte menu.

I warmly recommend this place, where my family has been eating regularly ever since it first opened. Say hi from me, and if Christian doesn't throw you out, I know I'll be welcome back next time I visit my parents… :)

• Visited March 2012