“Card not accepted”

Cafe Martinsplatz
Ranked #98 of 122 Restaurants in Chur
Cuisines: Swiss
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The lunch that we ordered was ok, tastewise. I didn't like the way we were treated when paying. I wanted to pay by bankcard. The waitress looked stressed when I showed the card and said it wasn't possible.
So I said I had euros as well. I payed with euros, and therefore paid to much because you pay the Swiss Franc price in Euros.
Afterwards I saw on the window that they should have accepted cards. So I feel ripped off.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

Glorious day,great place to eat and people watch.in a beautiful setting. Food was great ,excellent salads and yummy pastries.

Reviewed 11 June 2017

Stopped off for a coffee one lunchtime. A good job that we were on holiday and chilling because it took an age for the poor waitress to take our order. She was on her own looking after many tables. Once the order was taken, the coffees came reasonably quickly and were adequate.

Reviewed 13 May 2017

We were fortunate to be able to sit outside at one of the many tables. The food was good for lunch, not too heavy (so you sleep all afternoon) but sustaining. Served promptly and pleasantly. An excellent place with plenty of atmosphere.

Reviewed 3 April 2017

It is now over 2 months ago we eat here cakes with our friends. And I still can get angry thinking of the stupid lady working here. I asked if paying with euro was ok, and she said it was no problem. When I found out that I paid 10 % more instead of 10 % less (as the euro was 10 % worth more at that moment, I paid 21 euro instead of 17 CHF..I went down to ask the lady who does the pastries, what get wrong with the conversion. We had a discussion in wich she persisted that the computer said paying with euro cost you more than paying with chf. Because the computer was always right... A totaly ripp off in a country in wich you feel to get ripped off all the time. So..when here; pay with chf unless you want to ger ripped off. ( true: the quality of the bakeries was ok)