We were heading to Davos to go snowboarding (first time on real snow abroad) sopaid £90 a night for 4 nights at the beginning of March (compared with over £200 a night for a hotel). For this we got a studio room, with a sofa that turned into a double bed. Very clean, very well kitted out, everything looked new. and loadsof heating so never got cold when we were inside. Also complex has a locked Ski room for storing all the kit, including a blower system to dry your boots out overnight.
The apartments are about a 10 minute walk from Davos Dorf, but we only walked a couple of times at night time as the local bus (which is free as you are staying at the apartment) stops right outside the complex (runs till about 6pm at night), then drops you about 1 minute away from the Parsenn funicular railway access to get you up to the slopes. Staff at the apartments sorted us out with our Rega Skip Pass (177chf each for 3 days) and got a 10% discount in Ettinger Sport for snowboard and boot hire which is right besde the railway as well (good quality gear, everything new, really good service) cos we were staying at Solaria.
Went out for food the first night, found it hugely expensive (and very limited in the Dorf part) so then opted just to cook in the apartment instead for the next 2 nights. All the restaurants seem to be part of the hotels, with prices to boot. All the stuff you could need is in the apartment for lobbing some pasta together, including coffee machine, essential to get you going in the morning!! Plus Solaria offer your the ability to pre-order fresh rolls/bread/croissants each day at a price which appears to be the same as the supermarket.
Makes for a long night cooking in the apartment, so still headed into Davos Platz on the local buses (again frequent and free) and went to Tijuana Bar which is near the train station. Happy hour between 5pm and 8pm so took advantage of cheaper beers. Wanted to make the most of the snowboarding so early to bed.
Only snowboarded at Parsenn as the runs were wide and long, so better for us to practise, but have been told that Jakobshorn is more kitted for proper snowboarding, and is more of a party piste!
So, Solaria, good value for money, very helpful staff, good location for Parsenn (actually good location for all the slopes as all connected by a free bus system)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Solaria is the perfect combination of independent living, just like you were back in your own four walls, and the service and comfort of a hotel. We look forward to your visit! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Solaria Feriensiedlung reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Solaria Feriensiedlung Hotel Davos
- Aparthouse Solaria Davos
- Aparthouse Solaria Hotel Davos