This is a wonderful hotel. i came with my friend who had won a competition to stay there last weekend. Firstly, the staff are exceptional. They are warm and friendly, chatty and always smiling. They really put themselves out for us, opening the funicular early for example so that we could get to Davos to pick up the Bernina Express. They allowed us to use the computer to print out lots of itineraries that we had left at home by mistake. I saw them treating every other guest with the same attentive attitude. I was so impressed by the service at the hotel.
The room was spotless, large, elegant with a beautiful bathroom completely and fautlessly restored. The view was breath taking!! The balcony was large with sun loungers and a table and chairs and pretty turquoise shutters. Everything was so tranquil and the view over the mountains in the morning to the 'Davos Matterhorn' was wonderful!
In terms of the breakfast - excellent! Hot and cold offerings with a selection of gorgeous soft bread and really delicious jams. Very attentive waiting staff.
The bar area starts in a large marble room with a beautiful fireplace and huge soft white sofas and a wall of windows letting in lots of light during the day and leads through to a dignified old bar with a cinema at the back!
There was a pretty terrace bar the 'Snow beach' bar that looked out over the mountains and a little cute cosy restaurant with an outside terrace too. I recommend opting for the Half Board because you save a lot of money that way.
The gardens are lovingly maintained by a friendly German gardener and look so beautiful early in the morning. The whole area is so peaceful and the grounds of the hotel just stretch over the mountain so that you are free to roam around. Perfect for taking lots of photos!
You should definitely visit this hotel for its quirky old charm. It really feels like a piece of living history.
Thank you so much everyone at the Schatzalp for making our stay in Davos such a good one!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a peaceful location 300 meters above Davos this traditional hotel is reached by a short ride on the Schatzalp funicular (four minutes) from the main street and enjoys glorious panoramic views across the valley.Bedrooms: The rooms are in old style but have charm and are very comfortable. All rooms have bath or shower, wc, telephone, radio, and modem connection and there is also free Wi-Fi access in all rooms and the hotel lobby. All south-facing rooms have a loggia (large balcony for sunbathing). Superior south-facing twin rooms are very spacious.Meals: breakfast buffet and five (winter) /four (summer) course dinner are served in the hotel's dining room, or in the Restaurant Panorama. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HRS so you can book your Berghotel Schatzalp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Berghotel Schatzalp Davos
- Berghotel Schatzalp Hotel Davos