What we liked about the hotel was, of course, the exceptional situation,but also the beautiful restaurant and the lounge with the open fire. Breakfast was good, but dinner was outstanding; our compliments to the chef.
We were not so enthusiastic about the bedrooms as the furniture was rather worn; you won't feel like relaxing in such a decrepit armchair. But worst of all was the dreadful out-of-date bathroom with its primitive shower, plastic curtain and leaking taps.In 2012 you can reasonably expect a more modern bathroom, even if the hotel boasts itself on its Jugendstil heritage. Finally the corridors are really depressing!
The hotel has great potential, which, however, is not made use of.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a peaceful location 300 meters above Davos this traditional hotel is reached by a short ride on the Schatzalp funicular (four minutes) from the main street and enjoys glorious panoramic views across the valley.Bedrooms: The rooms are in old style but have charm and are very comfortable. All rooms have bath or shower, wc, telephone, radio, and modem connection and there is also free Wi-Fi access in all rooms and the hotel lobby. All south-facing rooms have a loggia (large balcony for sunbathing). Superior south-facing twin rooms are very spacious.Meals: breakfast buffet and five (winter) /four (summer) course dinner are served in the hotel's dining room, or in the Restaurant Panorama. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Berghotel Schatzalp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Berghotel Schatzalp Davos
- Berghotel Schatzalp Hotel Davos