We stayed at the Schatzalp for four days this August. The hotel has a stunning location high above Davos, and the view as the sun comes up or goes down is outstanding. The hotel is comfortable, the breakfast is rather good, and the hotel is well situated for an evening out in the town, once the funicular schedule is understood to be a part of the evening. Our room was on the south, or view side; any rooms on the other side will be facing the hill on which the hotel is situated, with a substantial reduction in the visual amenity.
On the negative side, the interior of the hotel is rather worn and shows its age, and the staff is rather thin on the ground and not always up to the task, though invariably polite.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a peaceful location 300 meters above Davos this traditional hotel is reached by a short ride on the Schatzalp funicular (four minutes) from the main street and enjoys glorious panoramic views across the valley.Bedrooms: The rooms are in old style but have charm and are very comfortable. All rooms have bath or shower, wc, telephone, radio, and modem connection and there is also free Wi-Fi access in all rooms and the hotel lobby. All south-facing rooms have a loggia (large balcony for sunbathing). Superior south-facing twin rooms are very spacious.Meals: breakfast buffet and five (winter) /four (summer) course dinner are served in the hotel's dining room, or in the Restaurant Panorama. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Berghotel Schatzalp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Berghotel Schatzalp Davos
- Berghotel Schatzalp Hotel Davos