If you are prepared to pay five star prices for a two star facility with an exceptional view then this place comes highly recommended. If you are well travelled, urbane, and have stayed in other hotels/chalets/motels/trailer parks/station platforms then you may not find this place appealing. The 19th Century sanatorium for the insane feel remains intact right down to the whiteness of the walls, peepholes in the doors, brusqueness of the staff, and remote location from which escape is only possible by funicular or skiing/sledging.
Davos is not a pedestrian-only town so the peace and quiet on offer at Schatzalp is far from pedestrian. On balance however the Spartan accommodation, mediocre food (half board is mandatory), and plain service could only appeal to those in search (need) of a genuine sanatorium experience circa 1800s.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a peaceful location 300 meters above Davos this traditional hotel is reached by a short ride on the Schatzalp funicular (four minutes) from the main street and enjoys glorious panoramic views across the valley.Bedrooms: The rooms are in old style but have charm and are very comfortable. All rooms have bath or shower, wc, telephone, radio, and modem connection and there is also free Wi-Fi access in all rooms and the hotel lobby. All south-facing rooms have a loggia (large balcony for sunbathing). Superior south-facing twin rooms are very spacious.Meals: breakfast buffet and five (winter) /four (summer) course dinner are served in the hotel's dining room, or in the Restaurant Panorama. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Berghotel Schatzalp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Berghotel Schatzalp Davos
- Berghotel Schatzalp Hotel Davos