“Impressive conference hotel”

Morosani Schweizerhof Davos
Ranked #20 of 56 Hotels in Davos
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Two night conference stay was very enjoyable. Slightly frustrated with the room as not well organised for business use, especially the location of the desk, plugs and lights. Safe couldn't take a laptop.

Room Tip: Ask for off the main street.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
morosani, Inhaber at Morosani Schweizerhof Davos, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2013

Dear Guest
Many thanks for letting us know your experience at our hotel.
I very much regret that the room's desk se-up was not as you expected.
We hope however that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to welcome you again to the Morosani Hotels and assure you of our best care and attention during your next stay.

Best regards, Gianna and Toni Morosani.

Reviewed 16 August 2013

Booked 2 nights here on an excellent deal via Booking.com. The hotel isn’t open continuously throughout the summer season, only for special events. The last time I stayed here was 15 years ago and I was curious to see what had changed.

On checking in at the swanky new reception area we were given an upgrade to a Junior Suite in the new block. Wow, what a room! Enormous, with a sitting area, balcony and a magnificent bathroom. Quite simply perfect.

The breakfast buffet was extensive with bacon eggs and even pancakes on offer. Dinner was taken in the neighbouring Posthotel and was an excellent 5 course affair with much attention to detail.

In a nutshell: stylish rooms, friendly & attentive staff, luxurious rooms, super food & a central location in Davos. I'll be returning.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
morosani, Owner at Morosani Schweizerhof Davos, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

Dear Mr hanval,

Thank you very much for your kind and warm feedback concerning your stay at the Morosani Schweizerhof. Receiving feedbacks from our guests provides us with the information we need to develop our services continuously. Your comments are showing us, that we are on the right path and your positive remarks will certainly encourage our team.

We would like to thank you for staying at the Morosani Schweizerhof and we are already look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Yours sincerely,

Gianna and Toni Morosani

Reviewed 16 March 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a 3 day conference and really enjoyed our stay. We took advice from other reviewers and requested one of their newly converted rooms.

It was huge and very nice. Big bed, sofa, wide screen TV, mini bar , safe and huge bathroom with his/hers sinks, separate shower and bath.

All the food we were served throughout the conference was top notch and the staff very helpful.

I would say that if I was staying here not part of a conference you will feel very much in the minority. There were two conferences whilst we were there and took over most of the hotel.

Location is excellent right in the heart of DAvos. There are 3 supermarkets within 2-3 minute walk if you need any supplies plus a cash point in other side of street.

Hotel cannot supply irons so you have to pay for the hotel to do it.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 6 March 2013

My family has been staying here every year for many years now and keep coming back for a reason. They get the same rooms and see the same people. The rooms are clean, the people are nice and VERY accommodating and the restaurant is excellent. The hotel is located on the main street a very easy walk to the grocery store, department store and local cafes. There is easy access to local transportation to the slopes not to mention that the hotel can drive you there too. The lounge downstairs is a great place to spend the evenings. Wireless internet is available too.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 March 2013

On checking out, I was asked for my plastic room key-card. I was surprised, as most hotels do not ask for this to be returned. I looked for it, but could not find it, having not thought I would need it again. I was told by the receptionist that I would be charged CHF 20 for the card. As this is not the cheapest hotel, I asked to speak to the manager. She confirmed that I would be charged, as it is an administrative time consuming process to reprogram doors etc. I said this was odd, as other hotels do not seem to have this issue. She then told me if I found the card at a later date, the CHF 20 would be refunded. Which makes no sense at all, because in the meantime the "reprogramming" would have been done. I told her that I would have to give a poor review on tripadvisor, to which she replied " that is your right". Given that I had also informed reception the night before that the room (207) was noisy - it sounded like a machine room was right behind the headboard, and that the sauna was not working, the hotel really needs to look at how it treats people it is, after all, getting its business from. This penny-pinching, arrogant customer service institution does not deserve a good rating.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 March 2013

On the promenade , this beautiful renovated old times hotel is located. The renovated rooms are nice and specious, so are the bathroom which has bath tube and a shower. The dining room is very nice with great food and a very welcoming staff. The dining manager, originally for Portugal will get out of his way to please you. The fitness room is well equipped , but forget about the swimming pool, they close it for a convention room. There are still sauna rooms. The receptionists, they try to give you a good service , though they are so NOT open minded. They even tried to charge me 20 CHF for a broken electronic key. Didn't loose one, it broke, not my fought, still had to argue ten minutes on my check out.
They would drive you to the Davos Platz train station, but not to the ski gondola. They claim they don't have insurance for that. Other hotels such as the Steinberger and Sunstar hotels do drive you. So, hello, one of the most expensive hotels in Davos, get insurance , and give your client this service. The average age of the guests is very old, maybe because of its prices, still it's a very good one.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 February 2013

Firstly, they got me in a good mood by upgrading me to a junior suite - complimentary - so a nice touch. The hotel is very clean, the food is uniformly high quality (I was on half board) and all of the staff are very pleasant and efficient. Also, a reasonable spa/gym, if needed far too much.

It is a good location in the centre of town, and I would go back again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo