All reviews altitude bar outdoor pool half board concierge team renovated room kids club family holiday swiss hospitality great spa junior suite old school impeccable service view of the lake spa area course dinner ski gear beautiful hotel
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Once again another wonderful family holiday spent at The Kulm. The hospitality of the entire staff is second to none. Spending time in the new Spa overlooking the snow covered alps cannot be put into words. The treatments and staff are fantastic. The bedrooms are luxurious with many extras to make your stay more memorable (we even have our own personalised pillow cases). The cuisine and service in the restaurants is superb as are the staff. I recommend a room overlooking the lake for unforgettable views.

Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank AdeleD313
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I recently stayed at the Kulm Hotel with my husband for a long weekend. It was a magical experience and I look forward to returning again.

First, the location is fantastic. It is within walking distance of the restaurants and the shopping. Its proximity to the ski lifts and the surrounding activities such as the Cresta run as well as the White Turf course is unparalleled.

The stunning views over the lake and surrounding mountains from nearly every room in the hotel including the spa is quite impressive. It makes the relaxation during a spa treatment or a leisurely afternoon at the pool or outdoor hot tub even more spectacular. I had a massage that was perfect for relaxing after a beautiful day on the slopes. The recently remodeled spa has state-of-the-art equipment that any spa I have ever witnessed.

The service is excellent in every regard, from the concierge to the housekeeping, to the staff in the restaurants. The Kulm Hotel's excellency in service can be attributed largely to its managers, Heinz and Jenny Hunkeler who are looking after every detail of their guest's stay.

Perfection at EVERY level!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 560sarac
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Our stay at The Kulm as a family, we have a 4 year old boy. The whole experience was truely wonderful.

From the time we arrived it seemed like nothing was too much trouble. The Concierge team are there on hand to make sure that anything you need is available but we were most impressed by their natural ability to predict what it was that we needed!

My wife and I were able to make the most of the great spa facilities because the Kids Club works so well. We were able to leave our boy with the team there in the knowledge that he would be engaged in interesting a engaging activities. It seemed after a couple of days that all he wanted to do was to join the club rather than be with us, giving us a welcome break.

The spa facilities are perfect for working those tired muscles and relaxing after a hard-day's skiing. We enjoyed several treatments, I went for a sports massage and my wife did a variety of treatments from hot stones to some advanced facials. We were extremely happy with the professionalism of the spa team.

Skiing from the hotel is very convenient, rent skis in the hotel and head off to the funicular-lift only a couple of minutes drive from the front of the hotel. The hotel took care of booking ski-school for our son prior to arrival (over school breaks this is essential as it does book up so do that as soon as you decide to travel).

Another surprise for us, as a family, was how much we enjoyed the ice-skating right next door. That was great fun. There is just so much to keep you busy at The Kulm, you won't get bored.

For the gentlemen, there is The Cresta Run. I signed up and went and did my beginners course. The Kulm is the official hotel of The Cresta and so they will help sort it out for you. It is one of the most exhilarating things that I have ever done. If you are going and have an adventurous spirit then it's certainly worth it. I felt safe, welcome and professionally coached.

I would be remiss not to mention the food before wrapping up this review. It was absolutely amazing. The hotel has many restaurants and different types of dining. From the casual lobby bar, to room service to The Chesa Park (next to the ice rink) to the fine dining "K", the quality and service was wonderful. Thank you all to the team who looked after us throughout our stay.

The GM, Heinz Hunkeler and his wife Jenny, were always around greeting the guests and being the hosts. It's always the sign of a well-run hotel when the management are up-front looking after the guests; which is exactly how we felt.

We will be going back... besides, only one day on the Cresta Run is simply not enough.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I stayed many times and it is always an amazing experience. Fantastic rooms, great views on the lake, excellent food in each restaurant and an incredible spa and pool. The hotel is full of character with first class service. Long may it last!

Room tip: Aim for a view onto the lake, all rooms are excellent
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hans M
Reviewed 22 February 2014

A beautiful hotel with an excellent location only few steps away from all the well known brands. All staff around the hotel receptionists, concierge, housekeepers and waiters are sweet, friendly and helpful. They try their best to make our visit enjoyable. The breakfast is delicious with variety of choices to choose from. The rooms are clean and spacious I personally recommend the room facing the lake.

Room tip: The room facing the lake
Date of stay: January 2014