“Wow, wow and wow!”

Ranked #3 of 33 Hotels in St. Moritz
Geneva
“Wow, wow and wow!”
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

I had the privilege of staying at the Kulm for a business trip to St. Moritz this week and have to say that though the 5* hotels in Switzerland are rarely disappointing, the Kulm definitely takes service to another level! The staff throughout the hotel are not just friendly and professional, they are incredibly warm, welcoming and made me feel like I royalty just stepping into the lobby (I should point out I have no connections whatsoever with the royals of this world...) I had the opportunity to chat with some other guests who only choose the Kulm when they come to St. Moritz, they don't even consider staying elsewhere and have never been disappointed. I don't know how the Kulm does it, but they do it very well! It is great to see such a grand hotel keeping the personal touch which makes the stay so special - thank you Kulm!

Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Wishyouwerehere_xx

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stay at the Kulm Hotel of St. Moritz during July 2014. We had a slight problem with the bathroom during our first night. Then we report to the Reception the following morning. The Reception lady handled the situation in professional manner with care. We enjoy the rest of our stay with excellence experience. We would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Lake and mountain view
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Raymond W
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 July 2014

The Kulm is a wonderful, traditional hotel. The standard of service is excellent and you feel really welcome with all staff greeting you by name. It is a large, world famous hotel yet the manager and under manager introduce themselves and talk to you at frequent intervals.

The wonderful clean room was of an excellent luxurious standard and we were lucky enough to be upgraded to a lake view room with balcony. The bedding was of an exceptional quality- so comfortable and light.

We paid for half board( about £24}, which was very reasonably priced for a six course dinner with plenty of choice. Restaurant staff were excellent. Breakfasts were a large buffet with everything available that we wanted to eat. On two mornings we really enjoyed eating breakfast outside on the terrace with its amazing views.

The spa facilities were great and we had the opportunity to play golf and tennis.

As we stayed more than 2 nights we were given free transport cards, so were able to enjoy free cable cars, trains and buses to see the alpine scenery.

We thank the staff for making this a truly memorable holiday.

Room Tip: Lake view room with view a benefit.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lynn J
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

I was picked up by a friendly face from the Kulm Hotel at the railway station. He was waiting very patiently and on time for me. The ride back to the hotel was a quick five minutes. There was water provided in the shuttle back. Upon arriving, my bags were taken to my room before I even got there and the check-in staff were very pleasant. I really liked how during my whole stay every staff member I passed greeted me and acknowledged my presence. The hotel is absolutely stunning and super clean. My room had a gorgeous, and breathtaking view. You must reserve a room with a lakeside view when staying at this hotel. My room was quite spacious for one person and it was very serene. Breakfast was impeccable and even suited my special diet. I am vegan and had plenty of fruit to choose from. Beyond that, suitable vegetarian or vegan options were fresh squeezed juices, eggs, toast, baked goods, croissants, yogurt, dried fruit, and nuts. You have the opportunity to sit by the window overlooking the mountain. As for the spa, I booked the Kulm Massage for 1 h 20 min with Benetta. She did an excellent job and had a very sweet personality. I will book her again my next visit. As for the overall experience, I could not have expected better. This is one of the finest hotels I've stayed in. I will most definitely be returning next summer. Thank you Kulm for a lovely visit.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank travelnutt1
Locarno, Switzerland
Reviewed 19 May 2014

It was a autumn evening, I picked up some friends at Zurich Airport and drove to St. Moritz. Rather tired, hungry, and worried that our arrival time might be too late for having dinner there. As we reached the hotel, the doorman and the lady at the reception gave us a warm welcome and called the restaurant staff immediately to inform them we are coming soon. We were happy for the beautiful dinner and their hospitality. The hotel itself is a gorgeous one and worth staying!
スイスのホテルは5つ星といってもホスピタリティの面はイマイチなところが多いですが、ここは施設の美しさ、サービスともに素晴らしいホテルで、ドアマン、レセプション、レストラン、朝食サービス係、皆さん行き届いて親切でした。

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank globetrotting_driver
Breckenridge, Colorado
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Recently I stayed at the Kulm Hotel in St. Mortiz. I have to say it is quite simply one of the most luxurious hotels in the world. As you walk in the front doors you know that you are in a special place... This paired with impeccable service and attention to detail makes for an exquiste hideaway that will restore and rejevenate the mind, body and spirit. I cannot wait to return.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Anne80424
Paradise Valley, Arizona
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

Amazing attentive service and staff was super friendly and always around

Half board was worth it, very good food

Spa facilities are huge and elegant and has every amenity and service available (no extra charge to use all the extensive facilities) - indoor/outdoor hot tubs kept a little cooler than expected, probably around 95 degrees, still nice after a day on the slopes

Convenient short walks to shops, restaurants and to the lake.

Not ski-in/ski-out, Corviglia is 3-5min away by shuttle, running frequently from hotel.
We didn't know to do it, but may be worth renting and storing skis at the top of the Corviglia funicular

Overall a great experience!! Highly recommend!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple