All reviews whiskey bar guiness book glacier express view of the lake train station whisky drinkers massage therapist snow covered lake st the hotel sits wooden furniture bus service star quality classy hotel restaurant offers hotel staff frozen lake
Reviewed 11 May 2013

4 star quality family run with welcoming down to earth service, exceptional view and simple quality tasty food with affordable prices for St. Moritz. Free shuttle service from the train station to and from hotel, a nice 5 minute walk along the lake to elevator into town or 20 minutes along the lake and then walk up into the small town. Hotel offers free access to the mountain transport network with a 2 night stay. The sauna room and steam room are not accessible for wheelchair. This is the only hotel on the lake. The 5 star and other hotels are located above the lake or in the small village.

Room Tip: Choose a room with lake view. Also, we heard no noise even if our room was located next to the elevator.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 December 2012

spent 2 nights stay here.

friendly staffs and always willing to help me whenever i ask for information.

nice cheese fondoue inside their restaurant.

great room with view looking at the st moritz lake although the lake is deeply frozen.

just 7mins walk to the train station but they still provide bus service to pick me up from station.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tzecheen
Reviewed 12 October 2012

During our wild trip through Alpen passes, we have decided to stay in Saint Moritz. By looking around on the spot near the lake, we have immediately identified that the best location was occupied by this hotel on the small penninsula. We have checked in the same hour, and the receptionist was really helpful by providing nice room with a terrace heading the lake. What a wonderful view I got from this terrace!!! The whole city, the lake and the surrounding mountains were all in fron of me. After half-hour starring on this beauty, we have decided to go for a dinner to the hotel restaurant.

And here we have got a surprise. While the restaurant was already closed, we were invited to visit a local whisky bar. The owner said its a very famous place in the world, it was placed in the Guiness book for the record amount of the whisky types available to the customers. Well done. I have asked to pour me a little portion of cognac and we went to enjoy the view.

But it was a big surprise, when I checked the bill next hour: 26 euro for a small portion of cognac?! "Why didn't you tell me that the cognac you pouring me is not in a common price tag?" - I asked. The answer was: "I am just replacing the main barmen, so I did not know the price". Very 'professional'. So you better be careful there.

Room Tip: Check the price tag in the whisky bar, it can be very expensive.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank GerKuiperss
Reviewed 7 October 2012

And I haven't mentionned one of the best wine list I've ever seen! Hikes are amazing anywhere you go. Food is simple but delicious. Most employees speak English and are really nice. World largest scotch whisky cellar....

Room Tip: Pay for a lake view and ask to be on the third or fourth floor
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Flemouel
Reviewed 2 September 2012

I have been going to the Waldhaus Hotel in Sils Maria, a short drive from St Moritz Dorf, on and off for 25 years. While the rooms have been updated and a large spa has been added the spirit and old world charm and grace of the place has not changed. It is elegant, dressing up a bit for dinner is not required but most people do. You lack for very little. I needed the services this time of the on site tailor. The hotel is situated on a hill over looking Nietzsche's house on one side and the beautiful Val Fex on the other. This hotel is authentic - not a chain or cookie cutter by design. The summer is wonderful for walking in the Alps and eating the great food. And there is always the skiing and hot chocolate come fall and winter. Check it out.

Room Tip: I always stay on the Bel Etage floor and ask for a room that opens to the large terrace in the back which shows the Alps to the left and is quiet and relaxing.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends