Hotel Waldhaus Am See
  • Restaurant
Soldanella(St. Moritz)(Great Value!)
US$163
US$141
Hauser Hotel St. Moritz(St. Moritz)(Great Value!)
US$248
US$166
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Nolda(St. Moritz)(Great Value!)
US$187
US$137
US$184
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Laudinella(St. Moritz)(Great Value!)
US$235
US$183
San Gian Hotel(St. Moritz)
US$198
US$185
US$228
US$220
St. Moritz Youth Hostel(St. Moritz)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$96
Hostelworld.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel Steffani(St. Moritz)(Great Value!)
US$450
US$436
Orbitz.com
All reviewswhiskey barguiness bookview of the lakeglacier expresstrain stationdouble comfortwhisky drinkerscd playermassage therapistlake stquiet locationsalad buffetwooden furniturebus serviceup hillclassy hotelsurrounding mountains
Reviewed 28 May 2013

This was a wonderful find at a great price as I was travelling from Bellagio to Munich. I had forgotten about their "Guiness Book of Records" largest private collection of single malt scotches in the world (not to mention their 50,000 bottle wine seller), but it probably played a subliminal role in my choosing this hotel from my online search. Very affordable (apres saison) for a single room (which was very small with a single bed); however, the other amenities, from the wonderfully appointed bath to the onsite spa facilities, along with the incredible lakefront location with easy walking distance into town, made the overall experience wonderful. Incredible staff, from the front desk to the bar and restaurant. I had an excellent dinner with fresh "spargel" and a great Tuscan wine. Again, very affordable. Met some great folks from Mittnewald in the bar after dinner and just had a very fun time chatting and sipping on a rare lable (not expensive) single malt. Yes, highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 May 2013

What a wonderful location overlooking the lake & walking distance to the train station. Excellent property, Great service with smile, very good breakfast and good food for dinner.
It is little up hill so may be difficult for old people, they provide free transfer service to the station. Our children had fun riding bicycle around the lake which are provided by the hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a room overlooking the lake.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 May 2013

4 star quality family run with welcoming down to earth service, exceptional view and simple quality tasty food with affordable prices for St. Moritz. Free shuttle service from the train station to and from hotel, a nice 5 minute walk along the lake to elevator into town or 20 minutes along the lake and then walk up into the small town. Hotel offers free access to the mountain transport network with a 2 night stay. The sauna room and steam room are not accessible for wheelchair. This is the only hotel on the lake. The 5 star and other hotels are located above the lake or in the small village.

Room Tip: Choose a room with lake view. Also, we heard no noise even if our room was located next to the elevator.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 December 2012

spent 2 nights stay here.

friendly staffs and always willing to help me whenever i ask for information.

nice cheese fondoue inside their restaurant.

great room with view looking at the st moritz lake although the lake is deeply frozen.

just 7mins walk to the train station but they still provide bus service to pick me up from station.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tzecheen
Reviewed 12 October 2012

During our wild trip through Alpen passes, we have decided to stay in Saint Moritz. By looking around on the spot near the lake, we have immediately identified that the best location was occupied by this hotel on the small penninsula. We have checked in the same hour, and the receptionist was really helpful by providing nice room with a terrace heading the lake. What a wonderful view I got from this terrace!!! The whole city, the lake and the surrounding mountains were all in fron of me. After half-hour starring on this beauty, we have decided to go for a dinner to the hotel restaurant.

And here we have got a surprise. While the restaurant was already closed, we were invited to visit a local whisky bar. The owner said its a very famous place in the world, it was placed in the Guiness book for the record amount of the whisky types available to the customers. Well done. I have asked to pour me a little portion of cognac and we went to enjoy the view.

But it was a big surprise, when I checked the bill next hour: 26 euro for a small portion of cognac?! "Why didn't you tell me that the cognac you pouring me is not in a common price tag?" - I asked. The answer was: "I am just replacing the main barmen, so I did not know the price". Very 'professional'. So you better be careful there.

Room Tip: Check the price tag in the whisky bar, it can be very expensive.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends