“Nice central hotel in town”
Review of Hotel Schweizerhof

Hotel Schweizerhof
Ranked #13 of 33 Hotels in St. Moritz
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel is set very centrally and is of a decent standard Rooms are small and little dated but this is partially compensated for by central setting and good mix of bars and entertainment in house Restaurant is above average but we were here on a cycle trip at a time when the town itself was void of any activity and so it's hard to measure the quality of food and general atmosphere against a backdrop of skeletal staff and inactivity with the hotel less than 30% occupied Worth considering for a winter break bit if going in summer it's almost the only option available at this time of year as pretty much everything else was shut Even the nightlife was lively in the bar downstairs considering how few people were around I'd imagine it could be quite fun at apres ski time in the heart of the inter season Staff were fine if uninspiring

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Hotel Schweizerhof

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

We arrived at St Moritz by the Glacier Express and as per our request there was a Hotel Car waiting to pick us up from the train station.
A very smooth check-in. The hotel actually gives you that old world feeling.
Rooms are quite spacious and clean and comfortable. Bathrooms very neat with a Bath Tub.
They have a complimentary Mini Bar with Mineral & Sparkling Water, Soft Drinks, Beer & Chocolates which are replenished daily.

The view from the Room balcony is amazing as we were in the 4th floor. Staff very friendly.
Breakfast is very good with Eggs made to order. I think I had one if the Best Omelettes here.
A Perfect place to be in when you visit St Moritz.
Our only regret with St Moritz is that since it is the Off Season now, the town more or less resembled a ghost town and we had a feel as if we are the only people in town since all the shops, cafés and other establishments are totally closed at this time except one here an there.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 May 2014

St. Mortiz is an expensive place to visit, but the ski is great and the area gets a lot of sunshine, so it's worth checking for hotel deals. I got such a deal on a single room at Schweizerhof for an extended weekend (Saturday-Tuesday) and I wasn't disappointed.

I was picked up at the train station along with my gear which was stored for the in the ski room. My sunny single room was as big as many double rooms in large European cities (say, Paris...) and had plenty of storage space. The design may not have been the most modern, but everything was clean, the bed was comfortable, and there was Swiss chocolate as a welcome gift. I also appreciated the carafe with the little card indicating that the local water tastes very good, there is really no reason to drink bottled water in St. Moritz. The bathroom was small and, again, perhaps not very modern (fabric shower curtain in 2014?), but it was clean and the shower offered good water pressure, a must after a day on the slopes.

The excellent breakfast buffet is served in the main restaurant which has a grand, classical air to it. I only had dinner there on the second night, and I regret not having taken the half-board for the entire stay as the food was excellent and the price was good value compared to what can be found elsewhere in St. Moritz. Next time, I'll know better! There is also a nice bar by the dining room where you can enjoy a prosecco before dinner. There is at least one other bar and another restaurant, but I haven't tried them. There is also a souvenir shop. Of all the wellness facilities I only used the massage service, which I can recommend to soothe sore muscles after an active day.

You get your own locker in the ski room which is in the basement. On downside of the hotel is that you're not directly by the lifts; the funicular is not that far, but it's an uphill walk and with ski boots on and skis on your shoulder it's not that comfy. I wouldn't do it with my 5-year old. I couldn't see any racks to lock my skis by the lifts like in Zermatt, so I had to carry them back and forth every day.

Everyone at the hotel was courteous and friendly, and I felt welcome in this beautiful setting even when I came back all sweaty from my day outside. Given that far from all the guests are there for skiing, this is actually significant, as a solo traveller I could easily have felt out of place but thanks to the staff I didn't.

Overall an excellent stay, and I will gladly stay again at this hotel if I go back to St. Moritz, the only exception being if I was to travel to ski with the little one, because of the distance from the lifts.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Perfect location for end-of-season ski trip. Front desk staff was very helpful. Rooms were well appointed and we enjoyed sitting on our second floor balcony enjoying the view of the lake. Our only criticism is that the double bed was not very comfortable and one of us would always end up in the gap between the two mattresses pushed together to form a double/queen bed.

Room Tip: Second floor balcony rooms are great.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2014

One word to describe Schweizerhof hotel SUPERB,We stayed Easter weekend before boarding the Glaizer Express,The staff were friendly and polite and the rooms and food excellent,breakfeast on Easter Sunday was magical in the panoramic dinning room over looking lake St Mortiz and snow capped mountains,it was like being in a snow globe,we had presents of Easter eggs on our table What a wonderful hote right in the heart of St Mortiz,they also provide a free shuttle to and from the station

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Thomas1399
Reviewed 23 April 2014

It is lovely, friendly and sophisticate place. We stayed in the junior suite - bright, roomy with big windows and beautiful view on the lake and mountains. Bed is comfy and big, bathroom comfortable and clean, equipped with bathrobes and even a scale. There is complimentary mini bar (water, beer, soft drinks) and espresso machine (nespresso) as well as tea making facilities. Good size wardrobe. Breakfast was delicious with eggs cook to order and nice selection of cold cuts. Dinners very tasty and not repetitive, good wines. There is a smoking room next to the bar - good option for smokers. All staff was extremely friendly and attentive. Nothing was too much trouble. There is also good restaurant for lunch on-site and surprising roof terrace with perfect view. Very, very good hotel owned by a family - not a chain hotel and you can feel it.
We recommend this place and will be back.

Room Tip: Room 509 is very good and has great view.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank zawsze-w-drodze
Reviewed 27 February 2014

We stayed in the hotel from February 11th until February 19th!
The hotel's location is excellent!!! Right in the center of St. Moritz! Just 5 minutes walk slightly uphill to the corviglia lift! All the shops are close! It is 5 minutes walk to the escalator down to the lake. You can leave your car just outside the hotel's entrance and it will be taken to the garage!
The rooms were very comfortable, spacious, clean and warm!!! Water and chocolate for free in the minibar! The view is breathtaking!!!
There is a fireplace in the lobby bar! The restaurant Acla was great! Delicious tartar!
The breakfast was very good with lots of choices both warm and cold!
The only thing that was lacking was the jacuzzi!!! It would be great to soak up after snowboarding all day!! They have a small spa with sauna and a terrace!
The reception staff could be a bit more friendly!
Overall everything was very high standard!

Room Tip: rooms with the lake view are better of course! We stayed on the 5th floor with amazing view!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family