“Hotel Languard, Via Veglia 14- a decent hotel at a good price (for St Moritz)”
Review of Hotel Languard

Hotel Languard
Ranked #24 of 33 Hotels in St. Moritz
Reviewed 9 October 2009

A lovely hotel and right in the centre of St Moritz; a far better position than I had expected. Our host Sasha was lovely and nothing was too much trouble, although I couldn't press my shirt. But that's the European average. Our standard room was very pleasant, lots of cupboards, nice bathroom with shower over bath. A wall safe, plenty of radiators, TV and phone. Good free wi fi.No aircon but didn't need it. No fridge, kettle or hairdrier. Near restaurants (we ate in one with two kangaroo dishes on the menu) a supermarket on the mains street (tiny and of course very, very pricey) bakery not far from the hotel - in a chocolate shop. Easy to walk to from the station, just go to the left and you go up a series of three escalators in a car park building. They are easy for cases as the base stays flat as you get on. Take note of the huge photos of rockclimbers as you climb. Outside, walk to the left and across the road there's an elevator between shops; take this to the next level, walk to the left up a bit of a hill, the hotel is on the right.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple

An Agoda Traveller
Reviewed 28 September 2009

• Stayed: September 2009
Reviewed 28 September 2009

The hotel location is up a very steep hill from the station.
As with other reviews the front desk people are excellent and the transport pass they give you is included in the price of the room. (You must book for a minimum of 2 nights).
The hotel is clean and the breakfast is typically Swiss.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2009

Rooms: Curtains are translucent. Need to add blackouts. There is a lot of traffic noise when you leave the window open.
Price: Not cheap but the Languard is reasonable by St Moritz standards. If you can find a cheaper hotel in this range besides the one by the railway congrats to you.
Service: It's more of a B&B than a hotel. No one there till after 7am so if you have an early departure or activity you may have some trouble. Could do with longer service hours. Quite grumpy in the morning actualy. They have a strange key system too. Need to update to cards.
Location: the walk up from town is a bit tough but you get what you pay for - lower rates and more of a walk.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2009

first, the front dest services is prefect!! he gave me very detail room introduction when I check in. And he solved all my problems with patient and professional way although he is very busy in the whole day. His services gave me home feeling!
second, the location and the view of the room is prefect. I was in the room face the lake. the view is amazing.
third, the breakfast is prefect. I have no other words to describ this hotel. only EXCELLENT!!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 July 2009

This is a very beautiful hotel, with excellent location, excellent room (we had an excellent big room, which can see the lake and mountain from two sides, and the toilet is very clean), and excellent service (my suitcase had a problem with the holder, and the owner of the hotel went to a local store to buy the new screw for me when he found that there was not suitable screw at his hotel for my suitcase. This make my following 12 days trip very smooth. I really appreciate this. And the dining room has an excellent view on the lake and mountain too, we enjoyed our breakfast time very much everyday during our stay there!

I will highly recommend this hotel for people and my friends.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 March 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed at Hotel Languard in St. Mortiz-Dorf for 3 nights in mid-January 2009. It was a wonderful hotel. Affordable for our travel budget. We paid $275 USD per night which included a continental breakfast.

We didn't stay at the large luxury hotels so we can't compare it to the others options but we liked Hotel Languard's bed & breakfast feel. With its comfortable, quiet room and a beautiful sun "porch" room to sip tea and eat a light breakfast spread (tea, coffee, bread/croissant, cold meats, CHEESES, cereal, boiled eggs), you feel like the only guests. It isn't located far from the ski lift station (Corviglia) and only a ten-minute walk from the railway train station below. And Sasha at the front desk is always ready for requests for restaurant recommendations. The entire staff was very friendly and accommodating (We had re-useable hand warmers that needed to be boiled every morning).

Here is the room description: It was one of their double rooms with bath, east/west facing. It had a standard "Swiss" double bed (like two twin beds pushed together). We didn't have a real view outside of our windows so I would recommend getting one of the south facing rooms that has the same gorgeous view as the breakfast room (there weren't any available while we were staying there--I think they cost a bit more too).

I would recommend this hotel for couples looking for a typical Swiss, quiet, tucked away haven to do some rest and relaxation after a long day of skiing (Only if they had a hot tub!!). I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple