“The best food+music in St.Moritz”

Posthaus Pizza & Cafe
Ranked #89 of 108 Restaurants in St. Moritz
Cuisines: Italian, International
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Gstaad, Switzerland
“The best food+music in St.Moritz”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

It's the fabulous place with a very warm and fantastic atmosphere.
Posthaus is about excellent food (the tastiest Tom Yam that I have ever eaten), amazing music (Dj from St.Tropez), best cocktails, good service with gorgeous surroundings.
A destination you can not afford to miss!!
One of my favourites places in St.Moritz.

• Visited February 2014

Zurich, Switzerland
“TOP”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Great place! Amazing location, perfectly designed! Fantastic food! Cool & goodlooking and friendly staff! The place to be in st moritz! When will you open in other cities like ZH where i live? Bravo! PG

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank MarcWalden
stephvol
“Terrible services overshadows good food!”
Reviewed 27 January 2014

It is hard to write this review because I thoroughly enjoyed the food at Posthaus but that is where the happiness ended and I would never go back.
First and worst was the service. When we walked in, we were abruptly told we had to check our coats and it would be 2 CHF per coat. Not a hello, not a welcome, not a good evening; just a coat girl asking for our money. I am pretty sure that most people dining at Posthaus would have chosen to check their coat and I am pretty sure many of these people would have chosen to give a tip, but being "welcomed in" with a demand for money turned me off immediately. No worries, we payed for our coat check and we were seated. We had a vegetarian with us who asked if they had any vegetarian options and the waitress had someone come over and explain the 3 choices (spring rolls, curry noodles and white rice). When the waitress returned, my friend ordered the spring rolls and the curry noodles. The waitress insisted that they did not have curry noodles on the menu. After a few seconds of back and forth I had to point out on the menu that they did have them. The food came and we enjoyed it but for the price it better have been spectacular. I have lived in Switzerland for 3 years and I am used to the high prices. My one positive of Posthaus would be the food. It is not worth the high price but when the price is the same at every restaurant, I am happy to have something other than the standard Swiss menu of sausage and rosti. I will also say that for the comparable prices you pay in Switzerland, you will get much better quality food in London, NYC, Hong Kong, etc. You will also get the customer service and attention you deserve as opposed to the smug "It's Switzerland and everything is expensive" attitude you will get at 90% of all Swiss restaurants.
The cherry on top of our 250 CHF meal for 3 people meal and terrible service at Posthaus came at the end of the meal when my friend was locked in the stall of the bathroom due to a faulty door handle. The stall was it's own room so she could not crawl under the door. She was locked in and the lights went out in the bathroom. She was stuck in the stall in the dark and had to bang on the door until someone came in and helped her out. Visibly upset, she was laughed at by the waitress that helped her out and when she told the manager about the incident, he told the bartender, "it's broken again" and laughed out loud. No apologies, no sympathy for what appeared to be a problem that had happened in the past and was not fixed (not to mention a potential fire hazard).
Don't bother! Save your money for a nicer meal in a country other than Switzerland because unfortunately this is the same attitude you will get throughout the entire country.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank stephvol
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Lovely lunch”
Reviewed 10 August 2013

I’m an enthusiastic new reviewer, catching up on trips as far back as Trip Advisor will allow, so this is an August 2013 review relating to a September 2012 visit.

We had lunch at this chic bar/restaurant whilst on a day to trip to St Moritz, during our holiday in Lake Como. The interior furnishings were very modern indeed. We had a late lunch so the bar was quiet, although it was easy to imagine it having a great atmosphere when a little busier.

The food was really good quality, served in abundance and pretty well priced at CHF13-16 (about €10-13) for a main course and a large side of fries. Drinks were also fairly well priced too. A 330ml Coke was CHF5 (€4); contrast that to €6.50 for a smaller serving in Milan only a day or two earlier.

The service was very friendly and warm, and also impeccably quick, although we were the only people eating at the time to be fair. All in all, it was a really enjoyable lunch, and in the event we found ourselves back in St Moritz one day, we’d head straight back.

• Visited September 2012
New York City, New York
“Good food but very expensive”
Reviewed 17 July 2013

The food here was great but it was a little on the expensive side. It was 6.5 Euro for a bottle of water. But I guess that is what St. Moritz is know for.
The service was good and the food was tastey. This was one of the cheapest places we found.

Visited July 2013