“Fantastic pizza”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We stayed at the hotel here and decided to eat in at the restaurant. As it is a place specializing in pizza, we ordered one. It was very good! The crust was thin enough and the toppings of the pizza were generous.
However, the set back was the service. We had to wait and try hard to attract someone's attention before we were served.

There are newer reviews for The Piz

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We had dinner hear with some friends while staying in St. Moritz for the week. I found that most of the restaurants are quite expensive and are hit or miss on the actual quality of the food. While Piz has a bit more casual feel, you can have a good quality meal at a reasonable price compared to the rest of St. Moritz.
The pizza menu is extensive! I had the diavolezza which has spicy meat, peppers and onions. This one of the best pizzas I had ever had. The key is the freshness of the ingrediants from the meat and veggis, to the sauce. The large was 20 CHF ($22) and could be shared by a couple if splitting an appetizer or salad first. I did not get a starter and stuffed myself by finishing the pizza...it was so good I had trouble stopping. My wife is gluten free so she tried the braised beef 29 CHF ($33). It was incredibly tender and she substituted the rosti potatoes for the polenta. They were also prepared well. The featured house red wine was very good and only 6.5 CHF ($7.75) per glass, which for St. Moritz standards is a good value. Lastly their deserts, while the same price as Hausers in the center of St. Moritz, were much better quality and variety.
Overall, I would say if you want to have a fresh, quality and reasonably priced meal in St. Moritz where you don't feel like you need to wear a blazer/jacket, this is an excellent choice. We will be back to St. Moritz and Piz Restaurant will be one of the first places we go back to eat.

3  Thank Laxxer1919
Reviewed 3 July 2014

The restaurant is ran by Italians from naples (or close to naples) so the pizza is quite good, nearly as good as Italian standards (I think it is a matter of raw materals...). Personnel is friendly and careful, the premises are warm and housing.
price is high but ok for switzerland

Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

The best pizza i have ever tried,pizza lady and san daniel (one is with rucola,dont know which one).service at the begining was litlle bit slow,but forgive them bevause of meal.Maybe come back next evening in st.moritz

Reviewed 8 January 2014

I've been here more often than I should have, because it is conveniently located in St. Moritz Bad and quick when you leave with the children after the week-end. But the place is a bluff: even considering that this is Engadin and not Naples, the pizza is terrible and the other "Italian" dishes likewise. The pretended "cotoletta" is pork and not veal. But what is really intolerable is the service: last time I went there I did not have a reservation, so was asked to wait at the bar. After us another group of people got in without a reservation and they were seated ahead of us. When I complained with the head-waiter, he told me that we were only 7, while the other group were 10, and therefore he gave them the precedence! He added that if I didn't like it, I could always go away! Which of course I immediately did, after complaining with a supposed manager who pretended to not understand nor Italian neither English.

2  Thank Paolo B