“Nice people, clean, convenient”

Hotel and SPA Internazionale
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Bellinzona
Reviewed 18 June 2014

This is a nice hotel with nice people to assist you. The room is fairly basic but did not lack anything. Directly across from the train station and close to the attractions. The castles are more like forts to me as there was no interior aside from some towers. That being said, I found them very interesting. I would definitely recommend this hotel. The breakfast was included and was fine but not elaborate.

Room Tip: My room was only one level up so I took the stairs most of the time. The staircase is very open and...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 9 June 2014

In the heart of Belinzona and opposite the train station we did wonder how quiet our stay would be but we had a very quiet room with some cute features (beams and porthole window). The room was quite sparsely decorated but very comfortable and fairly spacious with everything we needed – spotlessly clean. We were warmly welcomed and helped with directions to local bars and restaurants. All in all a lovely hotel though perhaps a little expensive for what it was, though it seemed to be a good rate for Bellinzona when we booked – perhaps it's just an expensive town! Would recommend.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2014

checked into here at 8 pm and found the restaurant closed. the sauna, too. the room small and barren, the balcony was nice, though. well sound insulated. the price: exorbitant. in a jiffy this works, of no other options avail themselves.

Room Tip: get one higher up for slightly better views
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Internazionale_e_Spa, Direttore at Hotel and SPA Internazionale, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear guest,

We carefully read your comment about our hotel and thank you to have taken the time for writing the review. We are saddened to know that you were not fully satisfied with the quality of your stay.

With pleasure I give feedback to the points you brought to our attention:
The “Ristorante Internazionale”, which is managed separately is open every day from 06:30am. The kitchen closes at 10pm, but guests can it the pizza until 11pm. At 12pm we have to close the Restaurant. For us is difficult to understand how you could find the restaurant closed.

The SPA is open during the week until 21:30 and on weekends until 20:00. The times are mentioned on our webpage and they may change in the future. I please all the readers to consult our website for more detailed information.

The size of our rooms is about 15.5m2 for the single category with a queen bed and about 18m2 for the standard double, but we have 9 room typologies.

Switzerland is world known as one of the most expensive countries and we hoteliers have very high costs as well, so that it is not possible to offer similar prices as in neighbouring countries.

We are sorry that we did not meet your expectations, because we would like that all our guests leave with a good feeling about our establishment and staff.

In hope to welcome you soon, I wish you a nice day and I remain with my Best Regards
Michele Santini, Direttore

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We arrived after 20 hours of travel. It was great to have such a convenient location across from the train station. We enjoyed eating at the restaurant's outdoor tables. It was a wonderful place to people watch, while enjoying food ranging from wonderful, authentic pizza to exotic Kangaroo steak.

We had a great view of the mountains from our balcony. The hotel, like the city was very clean. It was a wonderful time in Bellinzona.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I really enjoyed my two-night stay at this hotel. It's right across from the train station and as I was travelling alone without a car, it was really easy to find. I did accidentally leave my window cracked and could hear a lot of street noise, but most of it was cut out once I realized the window was open. I believe I was on the third floor and the view was great even though it's right across from the train station you can still see the mountains and I could see the church and sasso corbaro from my window. The room was nice and clean. I really liked the provided shampoo and body wash in the shower too and it was in a large container so you could use as much as you wanted. One word of warning is that basically the whole town shuts down on Sunday (you can still visit the castles) but the hotel restaurant was still open. I ended up spending more time in my room than I had planned and while there wasn't a single channel on the TV in English, the wifi was excellent and included at no extra charge.

The staff at the reception were very nice and helpful, gave me a map and answered my questions about how to get around and their English was good (great since I didn't speak the language!)

I didn't visit the spa as it was extra and I didn't opt for the breakfast option. I did find out that if you book directly through their website you get a voucher for the spa, so you might want to do that.

Overall, I would definitely stay here again if I returned to Bellinzona.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Hotel is conveniently located opposite the station and the main coach/bust stop. However it does not get effected by the traffic/train noise. Nice restaurant and bar. Rooms clean and well appointed. City is a clean mixture of Swiss/Italian with lots of historical buildings to visit.

Room Tip: Front of hotel may be a bit noisier than the rest. However I had no problem sleeping.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel for the night of the Bellinzona Carnival. We couldn't have asked more! If you are looking for a good hotel in Bellinzona, don't look any further, this is the best!

We stayed in the suite deluxe - simply fantastic! It is on two floors, two double beds, two bathrooms, perfectly clean, great view on castles, coffee and tea available for free. The furnitures are very new in all rooms as the hotel was recently renovated.

This time we also enjoyed the SPA, brand new. It was such a pleasure! It is not that big but beautiful and very clean. Cookies, fruit and drinks are also available.

The staff is always great in this hotel. They are always ready to listen, help and suggest.

Wifi free and worked perfectly in the room.

Location is perfect for visiting Bellinzona and all its key touristic attractions, such as the castles.

Definitely this hotel deserves four stars. We recommend it without any doubt.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Daisy_Casey
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bellinzona
Hotel La Tureta
Hotel Campione
Hotel Campione
#1 of 2 in Bissone
Villa Sassa Hotel, Residence & Spa

Been to Hotel and SPA Internazionale? Share your experiences!