“Phenomenal meal - best restaurant in town!”
Review of Da Valentino

Da Valentino
Ranked #13 of 130 Restaurants in Locarno
Cuisines: Italian, Swiss, Mediterranean, European, Central European
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Gersau, Switzerland
“Phenomenal meal - best restaurant in town!”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

My man & I had dinner at Da Valentino prior to the recent Bocelli concert. We were seated on the outside balcony with lovely aromas of jasmine floating through the air. I ordered an apple tarte tatin topped with foie gras and berries for starters. It was simply out of this world and I have recreated it several times at home! The atmosphere is lovely, the food is spectacular and the service is excellent! I will definitely be back!!!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Smartie777

Zurich, Switzerland
“Top!”
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Top of the line, what can you say more (but I have to say a minimum of 100 characters). Outstanding food, fantastic list of Ticino wines. Plus great ambiance in historic building. Outside patio in summer. Prices moderate for what you get.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank Mick J
“Excellent Food, Competent Service”
Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

The 'Ristorante da Valentino' is a bit hidden but very near the Piazza Grande. However, it is worthwhile to look for the restaurant bevause the food is excellent and the service competent and friendly. Prices are a bit high but this is easily forgotten when you taste the food.

Nyon, Switzerland
“An outstanding gourmet experience in Locarno”
Reviewed 24 February 2013

An outstanding gourmet experience in Locarno
End of February in Locarno it is rather quiet but we had a wonderful lunch at the Ristorante da Valention.
The Restaurant is very charming there was a fire burning and the air was flavored with mouthwatering smells from the kitchen a light wood smell from the fireplace and the atmosphere from an old building,
The menu is inspired by fresh food in season; we had a delicious salad and a wonderful piece of veal with fresh mushrooms and asparagus. The menu is not huge but all the food is fresh and very tasty and I thing that’s what counts for the client. The wine list is very nice, with a good choice of local and Italian wines, we had a bottle white wine Langhe Arneis D.O.C.
If you are looking for a romantic Restaurant, serving outstanding food I can highly recommend this place. By the way the chef used to work at the http://www.castellodelsole.ch a 5 star luxury Hôtel in Ascona with an outstanding reputation.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Baccus P
Milano
“For a romantic evening”
Reviewed 29 July 2012

We tried Da Valentino when we were staying at Monte Brè for a weekend. I was going there knowing already that it was a Swiss Restaurant, and that prices were not the cheapest in Europe. It turned out that me and my wife had a very relaxing and romantic dinner in a very fine environment, the waiters were very kind and helpful (I heard them speaking German too) and the food was really amazing. It's pricey for European standards, but for Swiss standards I would say it's average (given that we found similar prices in areas where they were supposed to be less expensive). I really recommend "il Manzo" and "Il Tonno" as Antipasti, and give a try to the Cheescake and the Semifreddo as desserts. The Spaghetti all'astice and the Misto di Pesce were also very tasty. I really recommend "Da Valentino" for a romantic evening with your partner!

• Visited July 2012