Very disappointed with this hotel.
- Ridiculous high surcharge price-gauging
- Way out the way
- Crucial things don't work
On departure, this hotel (and its not cheap)
charges an an additional 30 Euro "surprise" surcharge per child per night,
even under 4's, even newborns get a surcharge - this really mounts up and seems unfair and ridiculous.
We travel a lot and travelled for 4 weeks just through Switzerland - we have never
encountered child surcharges of any sort - NOT PLEASANT. On departure we obviously questioned the
surcharge and it was explained it was for "breakfast and service", well the baby sleeps in our bed, and he doesn't eat breakfast - so that was essentially 30 euro per night for ??? - the staff just said, they don't really understand either but have to charge it - its policy !
1. This hotel is nowhere near the train station, there is no way any normal person can get here without a car - its a cable car ride, then a very long walk up endless hills that almost killed us every day, we are super-fit, and cannot see how others could ever do this easily with luggage.
The hotel is on multi levels outside rooms - but they are all up outside stairs and really badly lit
at night - if at all.
2. there's a small pool and spa - middle of summer (and supposed to be heated) and absolutely freezing our whole stay, so... no-one uses them, what's the point?
3. Electricity sometimes just shuts off at night - no warning or explanation, except "this doesn't happen in Switzwerland" - well... it does, you need a backup generator for basics - like "lights" especially as the rooms are up lots of outdoor stairs, and its really darned dangerous.
But the child surcharge really just took the biscuit.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Hotel Mirafiori reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.