“Good place especially for lunch”
Review of Orologio

Orologio
Ranked #37 of 389 Restaurants in Lugano
Price range: US$18 - US$117
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Savino Angioletti’s “Orologio”, star of the Ticino restaurants since 1907, is a must for all the true lovers of food and drink. Always frequented by loyal traditionalists and experimenters of new tastes, is now a must even for some of the most famous contemporary artists and international musicians. Pasta, risotto, meat and fish: the common denominator is the focus on the prime quality raw materials and the firings. Also the vegetarian and the vegan dishes, with an extensive menu reserved for those who love healthy cooking without meat or gluten free. The enveloping and soft colors of wood come together with a fresh, friendly, suitable place for quick lunches, business lunches and romantic dinners.
Lugano, Switzerland
“Good place especially for lunch”
Reviewed 7 March 2013

At lunch, an attractive menu, good service, and efficient service. It seems that the clientele is mostly business people but we also saw one family. The food s excellent. We tried both fish and steak, happy with both.

Visited March 2013

Lucerne, Switzerland
“Excellent!”
Reviewed 22 December 2012

Love this place, when we in town we usually have lunch or dinner here.
The food is delicious, nicely presented and you get really good portions.
The wine is always perfectly matched.
The service is impeccable, we have come with our big dog and they accommodate us with no problem even when the restaurant is full.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank travelot
New York City, New York
“No 1 in Lugano”
Reviewed 4 November 2012

By far the best restaurant in Lugano at this very moment in time. Specially if we look at the price spectrum and the quality served. During lunch time I would not go there, as it is much too busy For a nice dinner and great wine (ask Savino for one of his little hidden treasure from Bordeaux) the best place in town. We will be back.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank Chef E
London, United Kingdom
“Disappointing!”
Reviewed 23 October 2012

After having read all these wonderful reviews I decided to give this new "old" restaurant a try. Upon entering I thought I landed in an elementary school canteen, the table disposition was just horrendous. The even more disappointing this was that I was sitting with a group of friends at a really long table and had another family sitting right next to me, I could follow their conversations and touch the mom's arm since she was about 2 cm away from me. That being said, the dinner was quite uncomfortable. The staff was simply not appropriate for a 5 star staff and the food was decent. I ordered the tartar (which I believe is also one of the most expensive if not the most expensive thing on the menu). They gave me the spicy tartar even though I asked for the mild version and the meat was nothing special. All in all just a really disappointing experience.

• Visited September 2012
4 Thank LuxuryWorldwide
Lugano
“an "OK" lunch”
Reviewed 28 June 2012

On a warm day I went for a business lunch to the "new" orologio.
I liked the interior decoration better than how it used to be, but however it is decorated, the shape of the room is not ideal: long and narrow with two rows of tables. Hard to create a nice ambience.
For the wine choice we were assisted from the manager who suggested a Sicilian wine. Unfortunately I did not like it, so he promptly substituted it with an excellent wine from Piedmont.
Among the dishes of the day I picked the vegetable lasagna: considering the hot day I expected a light dish, but unfortunately it was full of bechamelle, so it actually was a heavier and more wintery dish than I expected. The main course was better, but nothing special.
All in all, I came away undecided. In my opinion it is definitely not worth one star or five starts: it is somewhere in the middle. I guess that i will have to try it again to make up my mind.

• Visited June 2012