We couldn't have asked for a more excellent and romantic room overlooking the lake - a corner room with French doors and a tiny balcony - although we paid well for that privilege. Not a hotel for the budget-conscious, but we did get what we paid for, including a wonderful breakfast buffet. And not sure if rooms in other locations of the hotel would be so wonderful due to large construction project next door and proximity of other buildings which may block views of the lake (see my photos). We were also glad to be there on a weekend when construction next door was suspended. But hotel was easily reached by foot from the train station (with light weekend luggage) and was in a perfect location with easy access to the lakeside promenades. And although we didn't have time to use it, the hotel has a spacious and inviting garden and pool area. All in all, would go back to this hotel for same room location in a heartbeat!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prime location in the old-town quarter and shopping district of the city centre and on the lake-promenade.Historical Downtown Hotel with extended facilities such as private garage parking, lobby-bar, garden with swimming-pool and WiFi Internet. A variety of restaurants, pizzerias and typical bars are located close to the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Hotel.de, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Odigeo, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel International au Lac reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- International Au Lac Lugano
- International Au Lac Hotel