This is an older, renovated hotel with a small lobby situated just across from the lake and only a 3 minute stroll to the main piazza and boat dock. Parking is available in an underground garage. Note that there is only one smaller elevator for all of the guests as well as the housekeeping crew. Two hallmarks of this hotel are the outdoor pool and garden area and the 1st level bar and lounge area. Though the room was comfortable, there was a free in-room safe, and my bath tub was big, the TV had few English language channels and there was no in-room phone and few toilet amenities. The hotel has a full service restaurant and also serves a buffet breakfast, though this was only mediocre. The location is south of the main train depot, so either take a cab or find the correct bus. Any route you choose to walk will have a significant steep descent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prime location in the old-town quarter and shopping district of the city centre and on the lake-promenade.Historical Downtown Hotel with extended facilities such as private garage parking, lobby-bar, garden with swimming-pool and WiFi Internet. A variety of restaurants, pizzerias and typical bars are located close to the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel International au Lac reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- International Au Lac Lugano
- International Au Lac Hotel