I stayed here in October of 2006. I wish the weather was better, it was cold and rainy, but the views right smack in front of the hotel are breathtaking. The lake is a few steps away. The location is great, it is on the outskirts (by 3 minutes) of the center of the cobblestone shopping district, so it is quiet. The rooms are decent, comfortable with small shower and tv. The reception was fine and helpful. They had a cute bar and a computer i didnt have trouble using for email etc.. The price was very good at that time. It took me 30 minutes to walk the entire city central. 5 minute trolly ride to the funiculars for San Salvatore and Monte Bre. The buses are very easy to take or the little red tourist trolly makes all the stops.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prime location in the old-town quarter and shopping district of the city centre and on the lake-promenade.Historical Downtown Hotel with extended facilities such as private garage parking, lobby-bar, garden with swimming-pool and WiFi Internet. A variety of restaurants, pizzerias and typical bars are located close to the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotel.de, Hotels.com, Booking.com and World Independent Hotel Promotion so you can book your Hotel International au Lac reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- International Au Lac Lugano
- International Au Lac Hotel