“Beautiful location”
Review of Grand Hotel Eden

Grand Hotel Eden
Ranked #30 of 45 Hotels in Lugano
Reviewed 30 December 2012

This hotel was great. I loved the balcony. It was very private and big. The view was stunning! I also thought bathrooms in Europe were supposed to be small. This one was large and beautiful. The room was so nice. This is what I imagined Switzerland to look like at the start of our vacation. This area was close to Italy so we went there too.

Stayed: July 2012
MTLugano, Direttore at Grand Hotel Eden, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing with the Tripadvisor community your nice review about your stay at the Grand Hotel Eden.

I am pleased that you enjoyed our Hotel and especially the view from your room balcony which is indeed a plus compared to similar hotels in the region.

I look forward to welcoming you back again in one of your future visits to Lugano.

There are newer reviews for Grand Hotel Eden

Reviewed 7 November 2012

We stayed here as part of a group and were treated as if we were royalty. The staff couldn't have been more friendly and helpful. The location is terrific- directly on the lake and yet quiet as it is a 15-20 minute walk to "downtown" Lugano. You feel as if you are in a residential area, because you are!
The rooms are good sized and most have a terrace that faces the lake. The furniture is a bit baroque for Switzerland, but interesting to look at.
One odd thing is that you must walk a bit to the dining room as it is on the other side of the street! You don't have to cross the street outside as there is a walkway, but it is up and down stairs. The food at breakfast was plentiful and the view out the windows is stunning.
All in all, it is a great place to stay when in Lugano.

Room Tip: Ask for one facing the lake
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
MTLugano, Direttore at Grand Hotel Eden, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your positive and kind remarks about your recent stay at the Grand Hotel Eden. I am delighted to read that you loved the location of the Hotel which is quite unique in the region and also that you enjoyed in particular the service and friendliness of our personnel, who is constantly committed to providing the best experience for our guests.

We look forward to your return to stay with us in the future.

Reviewed 30 October 2012

Well located near the lake promenade with a stunning view from the breakfast room and your own room if you are lucky. Apart from that, there is nothing special about this hotel with the old-fashioned décor.

Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Da_rt_1717
MTLugano, Direttore at Grand Hotel Eden, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Grand Hotel Eden. We are happy to read that you enjoyed the view from the breakfast room and your room but are sorry that the décor is not in-line with your expectations.

Regards,

Reviewed 29 October 2012

We stayed here as part of a tour from the U.S. - room looks out on the lake and fountain. Very neat and clean with a little balcony - wi-fi more successful here - staff helpful if there was a problem. Breakfast was fine with good choices.

Room Tip: A higher floor gives a better view
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
MTLugano, Direttore at Grand Hotel Eden, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2012

Dear "Ann M",
Thank you for your kind review about your recent stay at the Grand Hotel Eden. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the nice view from your room and also that you could take advantage of our free Wi-Fi connection.

Should you come back to Lugano, it would be my pleasure to welcome you again at the Grand Hotel Eden.

Reviewed 7 October 2012 via mobile

This place is great! Has the best and the closest view of the lake. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was rich and fresh. I will surely do it again. Oh and te rooms are perfect an all the vanity are from etro. How great?????

• Stayed: August 2012
MTLugano, Direttore at Grand Hotel Eden, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2012

Dear “Khalilyh”,
Thank you for sharing your nice and positive comments with other travelers of the TripAdvisor community.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your room, the Breakfast buffet, the friendliness of our personnel and also our Etro vanity set.

Together with my team, I hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back again at the Grand Hotel Eden in a near future.

Reviewed 27 September 2012

This hotel is located right on the lake and offers an amazing view.
The rooms are clean. Furniture looks old but the location is so great that you forget about these small negative dots.
The restaurant is nice, staff is very friendly and nice . Food is expensive as it is not even a 1 star Michelin or anything. I wasnt fully satisfied with it.
The breakfast was nice and we had a full range of pasties, cheese, jam, and so on.Once again the staff was really nice.
The spa is pretty nice, there is a indoor swimming pool and a jacuzzi. Both were really nice.
Nice hotel for relaxinga few days

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
MTLugano, Direttore at Grand Hotel Eden, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2012

Dear “sam151179”,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Grand Hotel Eden and for sharing your positive experience with the tripadvisor community.

I am very pleased to read that you experienced the friendliness of our personnel and also that you enjoyed our buffet breakfast. Indeed we have done a lot in the past moths to increase our breakfast selection of food and also the buffet presentation and therefore I am happy to get your positive comments.

I am going to take seriously in consideration your remarks regarding our restaurant prices and I will analyze this with our Chef and Maître D’s.

I look much forward to welcoming you back soon to our hotel and remain,

With my best regards,

Reviewed 21 September 2012

I am presently staying here and absolutely love it. I do not know how anyone can complain about this hotel. Everything is superb. I am staying with a group from the United States and the staff here have gone out of their way to accommodate us. The food is absolutely fabulous as is the service. It is extremely clean and in a great location with a spectacular view. I highly recommend Grand Hotel Eden.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
MTLugano, Direttore at Grand Hotel Eden, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2012

Dear “cwilli4518”,
I am very pleased to read your positive comments, especially the one concerning the positive attitude and friendliness our staff.

I thank you for your recommendation and I look forward to welcome you back again in one of your future stay here in Lugano.

Best regards,