2,254 results
All reviews hot chocolate train station rubber duck carrot juice great hotel breakfast buffet perfect location mini bar pedestrian zone little touches soft drinks funicular ride tea and coffee reception area few steps short walk to the lake would highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed 12 July 2012

It was an amazing experience staying here - from beginning to end. The staff, first and foremost, are superb. I arrived very tired after travelling for 24 hours and hungry! My room was made ready as soon as possible and I was in it by 11:30 a.m. - far before check-in time. I was invited to share the breakfast buffet which was NOT added as an extra to my bill. Nothing but good things to say. A wonderful memory. I will return!

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 12 July 2012

Excellent experience-the free wifi and free nonalcoholic drinks in room a nice touch.

Reviewed 11 July 2012

Perfect location, wonderful staff, breakfast was incredible.....we felt so welcomed each time we entered hotel. The BEST!

Date of stay: July 2012
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2012

nice hotel the staff were amazing and great service

Date of stay: June 2012
Reviewed 28 June 2012

When we checked in, "Whether the room upgraded?" was said to the woman of a receptionist and we were surprised.
although our reservation was superitor twin、she said that if it upgrades, it is large and twin bed room", "the room which we reserved is not twin bed".
We paid the upgrade price reluctantly.
We had a much disagreeable feeling during stay.

Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
6  Thank mityan719
Management response:Responded 29 June 2012

Dear mityan,

my name is Carlo Fontana and I’m the General Manager of the Hotel Lugano Dante, which my family has run and operated with a great pride for hospitality since 1985.

We really care about the opinions of all our guests, positive or negative, and will always try to improve from their feedback. On receipt of your comment, I carefully gave it the highest priority.

I’m so sorry to read that your good memories of staying with us have been totally affected by the “bedding issue” and apologize. If you would have only reported your dissatisfaction during your stay to the Reception Staff or directly to me, we would have had the possibility to better explain you the situation and make your stay a very pleasant one.

In fact, after a short investigation, I can honestly feel that your experience was caused by a “misunderstanding” due to a language barrier and a lack of information.

We always try all our best in order to fulfill all our guests’ special requests at the time of booking as: bed type, floor, view, inner side, far from elevator, etc. At the same time it’s important to say that - as per international hotel policies - they are “upon availability only” and cannot be always guaranteed (this is also clearly stated during the booking process).

Upon your arrival, we were more than glad to offer you the possibility to receive an upgrade into one of our Junior Suite. This is something we do with pleasure whenever possible, in the interest of our guests and as a small sign to thank them for choosing us. They are absolutely free to decide either to profit of a very favourable treatment and stay in a higher room category or keep the existing reservation.

I can confirm therefore that you were upgraded into one of our Junior Suite, and I’m truly saddened our gesture was not well received or misunderstood.

Our top priority is to make all our guests feeling welcome and appreciated from the very first moment they pass through our doors and throughout their stay. Most of our guests seem to appreciate our attitude, unless we know that we are not perfect and there is always space for an improvement in the quality of information provided to our guests.

I hope my explanation will be viewed as an attempt to keep a good ongoing relationship.

Because for me, that is top priority. I would like all of our customer's experiences to be positive so that they will come back again and again.

Thanks again for reporting me the reasons of you dissatisfaction and hope you will give us another chance to show you how important you are.

Best regards,