“Perfect stay”

Lugano Dante Center Swiss Quality Hotel
Ranked #1 of 45 Hotels in Lugano
Reviewed 27 December 2012

Excellent hotel - very elegant but cosy lobby with tea, coffee and small bites to eat, kids' play corner, amazing breakfast buffet, wonderful beds (not too soft!), "pillow menu" by the bed with a "selection" of pillows if yours doesn't suit you, free (=included) soft drinks and tea/coffee in our room, very nice staff especially at the garage. Breakfast was amazing: I ate breakfast twice alone with 3 kids under 6 and everyone was so nice and helpful and you felt so welcome. Delicious choices from homemade cakes to local cheeses to exotic fruits to seafood salad. Nice music was always playing quietly in the breakfast room. location is GREAT. I hope I come back soon!!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank jrm961
Write a ReviewReviews (2,055)

Reviewed 26 December 2012

The best hotel with home spirit I've ever felt! Service personnel is brilliant, these guys really know how to make guests feel special! And breakfast table with cappuccino and frank "buon giorno" is amazing! Waiting to be back soon! It's good for all: business, couples, friends, family and solo!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Edita B
CarloFontana-GM, General Manager at Lugano Dante Center Swiss Quality Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2013

Dear Edita,

Thank you for reviewing Hotel Lugano Dante. We are flattered by your comments and the 5 out of 5 rating you gave to us.

We are happy you found our staff to be friendly and helpful. We were really willing to assist you in any possible way and are glad you felt welcome and comfortable from the very first moment, as this is always our main goal.We are really proud we have rocked it!

The Staff and I, we hope to see you soon for another " buon giorno" and for a hot capuccino!

Carlo Fontana, GM & Staff

Reviewed 19 December 2012

Simple great, from booking to departure and even afterwards. You get a thank-you email. Staff is great and they "walk the extra mile". The room I had was great. So many pillows to choose from. Nespresso machine, free minibar when you have a superior room, pick up from the airport. They really do make a effort to be different. You can personalize your room, and they are little surprises in the room that makes you smile. I'll be back for sure.

Room Tip: spend e little bit more and you will enjoy the extra value
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank johan_christel
Reviewed 11 December 2012

During our stay we felt like our home... Very friendly staff and always ready to help you. Clean hotel and no smoking 100%. The location of the hotel is very good. Recomended for a nice stay in the beutiful city of Lugano.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 December 2012

I had been stay in 4 different hotels in Lugano so far. This hotel has the best combination of price, location, comfort and great breakfast. Living cost is very high here in Lugano, I feel the price is very reasonable, you will not regrat to give a try to stay here. I highly recommend!!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank 37kelly37
Reviewed 28 November 2012 via mobile

I been at the hotel for just 1 night, and was one of the best hotels i've ever been. Service is excellent and the location and services are just great. Free apetizer with drink, free mini bar, exellent wellcome, beds are extremly comfortable. Going to lugano? Get this hotel. The only thing is the price, not cheap but no miney waste at all.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed 27 November 2012

This was my first visit to Lugano and I couldn't have found a better hotel. My trip was to visit my daughter at Franklin College. Dante Hotel's close proximity to the Funi made the trip up to campus much easier for a flat-lander like myself.

The staff was exceptional. The service impeccable. The breakfast fabulous. The room very clean, quiet, and comfortable. I have no doubt I will be staying at the hotel again and again over the next 4 years.

Room Tip: I had a single room. Small in comparison to hotel rooms in the US but very comfortable.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo

Dear Barb,

we thank you for you nice feedback and are really glad you have appreciated our great location in the centre of the old town, right 1 minute away by funicolar for the railwaystation (make it easy for you to reach your daughter at the Franklin College). Also, for those arriving by car, we can offer a very comfortable and secure garage.

Breakfast is considered by our guests one of our most appreciated services.

Your appreciations on the friendliness of our Staff and attention to details are more than welcome.

Thanks again for choosing us!
Carlo Fontana, GM & Staff