“Quiet room”

Ranked #9 of 45 Hotels in Lugano
Melbourne, Australia
“Quiet room”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We had a good sized room with a king bed that was firm but not too hard. The wifi in the hotel was a bit erratic. We had a view of the lake through some tall buildings. When you look out at night the view from the room is fantastic with lights all the way up the side of a hill. Breakfast was good with plenty of choice.

Room Tip: Room 216 on the 2nd floor was quiet and had a balcony and a good view.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. I can't rave enough about it, the check in was easy and both girls at the reception were kind and courteous. However, I do have to brag about our bar tender, Tomaso. He was full of useful information about what to do around town and even gave us tips about visiting Milan but the best where his basil mojitos!!! They are to die for! A total different twist to the regular mojitos and they where delish and refreshing too. If you stay here make sure you taste one of these mojitos.

Stayed May 2014
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed 4 nights at the Hotel de la Paix for a large conference which saw delegates accommodated in a number of different hotels in Lugano. Our first impressions were not fantastic, as several of us arrived by bus at the same time, and with only one person at the reception desk the check in process took a very long time, which, with all of us severely jetlagged, caused tempers to fray. Our room was miniscule, with 2 single beds pushed together but separately made up as singles - not a great start. We were very pleased to change rooms the following day to a much larger room on a higher floor, although the beds were as rock hard as they had been in the first room. With so many colleagues enjoying rooms in other hotels with magnificent lake views, we could not help but be disappointed with this hotel in comparison. If you are happy to spend more money, there are better hotels in Lugano. If you want a lake view, choose another hotel. If you are wanting a clean basic hotel with a very good breakfast buffet and a short walk to the lake and the shopping area, this hotel will tick the boxes.

Room Tip: If you want glimpses of the lake be sure to specify this when booking.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Rzeszow, Poland
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Excellent hotel, spacious rooms, large and well equipped bathroom, we also got balcony with city/lake view. Good breakfast with excellent coffee, plenty of choices both warm and cold. Free parking, free wifi. Nice and competent staff.
Not much to complain, it is a bit far the centre and WiFi authorisation system is very annoying, on a mobile it will ask you for a password every few minutes.
There is also a matter of price - it's not cheap, but what is in Switzerland.

Room Tip: Views from the balcony on higher floors are worth the extra price.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Better late than never. My story will begin with a valued, beautiful large V-shaped burgundy coloured, fur-like shawl I left behind in Hotel de la Paix on a Christmas Eve evening after dining in their charming Italian restaurant (red/white tablecloth, high-back wooden chairs, wrought-iron balustrades(?) and even curtains on pretty windows!) where the Maitre D and his young team (a young lady + young man) despite being super busy, took care of us our dining needs like it was their own personal restaurant.

On this trip, the tour did put us up in nice, beautiful hotels in some Swiss towns/cities and even in UK where I moved on to.

But I remember Hotel de la Paix for how luxurious it felt the moment I stepped in - from the carpeting, sofas & upholstery, shiny varnished side tables (even a revolving door with 2 large plants on either side to make it stand out even more) and the elderly uniformed man who served us our welcome drinks. This Hotel de la Paix in Lugano simply lives up to its glorious name!! That evening unfortunately, when we checked in, the reception staff had to deal with so many in our group who were "demanding" for phone chargers. But they coped very well.

So few days after Lugano, I realised my shawl had been left behind. Over and over again, I was discouraged from getting it back: "It would have been gone by now", "Don't expect to get it back", "Don't expect anyone to be honest enough to keep it for you". Even upon returning home, I simply put away the hope of ever seeing my shawl again. But it was a special shawl, often it came back that I should have tried to get it back.

3 months long after that visit, I sent out an email - just to check if they still have it - I was ready for a negative reply, but I will just try. . First I heard from Lorena, then Alessandro, then Sonia - they were all following up on my enquiry. With such eagerness to help in the tone of their responses, I sent them a picture of the shawl, and afer a few days, they got back to me and "Yes, we'ge got it". And I thought OMG what honesty of the staff of Hotel de la Paix to keep it for so long for me to make the claim. What a fantastic impression of a hotel I have such a nice memory of.

The shawl I so valued is with me now. My special thanks to the restaurant staff who kept it for me

I want to stay in Hotel de la Paix.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Amy A
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Stayed for 4 nights. Lovely room with all the expected sundries. Free mini- bar was re- filled every day which was a surprise but very welcome as Switzerland is very expensive. Very good breakfast. All the staff where charming especially the front desk. Location of hotel is very good, not central but only 2 minute walk to lake and then 5 minutes to the centre of town. Would come back to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for room with lake view
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Mummy19911995
Lugano, Switzerland
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

Been sleeping in room 210. On second floor. View on swimming pool and main busy street. Nice and comfortable bed. Free bar but not
Much in it and not been refilled. No beer for example but only soft drinks. TV channels are many from German to Arabs to Italian.
Breakfast is standard. Not extraordinary. Paid about 200 chf per night for a double. So I was expecting a higher standard.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ainz73
DirezioneDLP, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel de la Paix, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear Guest,

thank you for your review. We are happy that you appreciated the position as well as the bed and the free mini bar in the room.

Unfortunately we can’t serve alcoholic drinks for free, but next time you might find a rich selection of them in our internal bar.

We hope that next time we’ll be able to show you something even more extraordinary!

Kind regards